The New Raith Rovers Thread

Eddie will be a decent signing for Raith. He's probably quite under-rated at this level, but is a good player and will probably prove to be quite popular.

If you're in the market for a part-time left-back you'll not do much better.

He scored a couple of free kicks and was sent off twice but in all was a good dependable player for most of the season and will prove to be a good signing for raith.

I'll admit, I was sceptical when Dyer went, fearful that we wouldnt bring in anyone better but I'm fair chuffed with that signing.

I'm the same, I think Malone won't be afraid to speak up and get Hammill telt if he goes MIA. Throw in the set-pieces (Does he do corners? Quick throw-ins? That'd be a Brucie Bonus) and then things are looking decent. If we can get back Davo, Walker and Laurie I'd be delighted.

I was shitting bricks the first signing was going to be Kean...still time though... ph34r.gif

Edited by rw89

If you're in the market for a part-time left-back you'll not do much better.

That was pretty much what I thought when the signing was announced. If we manage to fill some of the gaps with a few signings of that calibre we'll have done ok. I noticed we had also been linked with Geggan of Ayr as well. Add in Stewart Kean and we'll be turning into an Ayr former players XI.

With McGlynn speaking to the out of contract players over the weekend, next week could be a big week for us.

I really, really hope the Stewart Kean rumour come to nothing. We need strikers, yes, but ones that actually have a chance of hitting double figures in this league are what we need. I wasn't particularly impressed with Pat Clarke in his loan spell, but maybe he's someone that McGlynn may look at?

Agree about this being a big week. I don't think we're going to keep everyone, but I'm hopeful that our losses will be limited to maybe one or two.

Edited by Michael W

Well it would appear Baird has signed up with Dundee

http://www.dundeefc....asp?newsid=2334

Disappointing, but did expect him to leave. Wasn't expecting Dundee though.

When's Bairdy's contract up? A lot of talk down here today suggesting we're trying to get him to tear up the PCA with Dundee and return to Paisley !

I think it's the end of the month. I thought Willie Dyer had tweeted that he was officially a Morton player on either the first of June or the first of July, but I must've read that somewhere else.

PCA's are barely worth the paper they're written on, so it wouldn't be too much of a surprise. Baird seems pretty pleased with Dundee though.

Well the defence is taking shape nicely hill Murray Wilson and I expect Ellis will sign again that covers the middle. Donaldson and Malone at left back just need to find a right back. I do worry about the midfield though I hope we dontend up with Murray in there again next season.

Two more signed up with details to come this afternoon, according to Matthew Elder on Twitter. I'm going to guess McGurn and Ellis.

Edit: Yep. http://www.raithrovers.net/3312/double-signing.htm

Delighted to see Dave sign again, and Laurie too of course. Nice to see the three that have signed today show some loyalty to the manager and to the club. Presumably both one-year deals, although no mention of whether Laurie is part-time or not.

Edited by Paco

Two more signed up with details to come this afternoon, according to Matthew Elder on Twitter. I'm going to guess McGurn and Ellis.

I'd say so, although at this current stage any acceptances are brilliant news! Really hope McGurn is one!

edited to add: just seen that now, delightful news! cool.gif

Edited by rw89

Our squad then, as it stands.

Goalkeepers

Ross Laidlaw (19)

David McGurn (31)

Defenders

Reece Donaldson (18)

Laurie Ellis (32)

Dougie Hill (27)

Scott Main (17)

Eddie Malone (27)

Grant Murray (36)

Colin Wilson (18)

Midfielders

Ross Callachan (18)

Joe Hamill (28)

Lewis Vaughn (16)

Forwards

Brian Graham (24)

Fair to say we know where we need to strengthen now then! Contracts have been offered to Allan Walker and Iain Davidson.

Edited by Paco