Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Aye he's from Kirkcaldy. Hopefully doesn't mean macdonald is injured.

Apologies if it turns it to be true.

It's the one member of the squad we dont really have adequate cover for. Glad we are finally sorting that for the run in. 

I still have trouble thinking we will last the distance but we are certainly now in a time where single mistakes, or enforced changes and tweaks to systems could hurt us massively. So happy to have him in, so at least a injury or loss of form to MacDonald doesn't mean shuffling 7 other players about to accommodate.

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Why?

Dave McKay is first choice at the minute.

We have Micheal Miller, as second choice, on the bench.

It wouldn’t be sensible to waste money on bringing in a RB

Davy McKay should be second choice full back behind Miller

It's the one member of the squad we dont really have adequate cover for. Glad we are finally sorting that for the run in. 
I still have trouble thinking we will last the distance but we are certainly now in a time where single mistakes, or enforced changes and tweaks to systems could hurt us massively. So happy to have him in, so at least a injury or loss of form to MacDonald doesn't mean shuffling 7 other players about to accommodate.
Completely agree. It was a weakness I pointed out earlier in the season. Macdonald has been fit enough to play all bar 1/2? games though. Its quite remarkable considering his pt status. He really has been an excellent signing for us.

With falkirk picking up it will still be a fairly big ask but having seen what thistle are like, even if we finish in the playoffs I'm quietly confident we have a very good chance of promotion one way or another.

49 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Aye he's from Kirkcaldy. Hopefully doesn't mean macdonald is injured.

Apologies if it turns it to be true.

Says he’s a left winger not a left back

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Macdonald has been fit enough to play all bar 1/2? games

He has been a sub (once) unused sub (once) and has been subbed  (once), has played the full 90 minutes in every other game this season.

Wouldn’t surprise me if MacDonald is carrying an injury. I don’t think he looked fit against Partick and Clyde.

Wouldn’t surprise me if MacDonald is carrying an injury. I don’t think he looked fit against Partick and Clyde.
He seemed to take a knock against Partick, could be something to do with that.

Its not Paterson - source - his brother told me someone’s at it making up a rumour lol

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Davy McKay should be second choice full back behind Miller

Dave McKay is a CB, leave him there and play Miller as #1 RB and Watson as #2. McKay (or Mendy) will replace Davo next year, let’s keep them both focused on CB.

Miller can also be a midfield anchor as well he played there in pre season.

What's the latest with mendy?

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Miller can also be a midfield anchor as well he played there in pre season.

What's the latest with mendy?

I think we'll keep him until the end of the season as a last resort. Am I the only one who is happy for us to get more bodies in regardless if we've already got cover? I'm utterly sick of seeing us losing players to injuries within a few weeks and finding ourselves in the middle of a crisis. f**k that happening when we've done so well. 

Its not Paterson - source - his brother told me someone’s at it making up a rumour lol

Scrap that his bro could now be well at it and being cryptic - so may well be him

17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I think we'll keep him until the end of the season as a last resort. Am I the only one who is happy for us to get more bodies in regardless if we've already got cover? I'm utterly sick of seeing us losing players to injuries within a few weeks and finding ourselves in the middle of a crisis. f**k that happening when we've done so well. 

Our squad is the strongest it’s been in a while, but happy to see another body in if finances allow. The run in is going to be extremely challenging so we need all hands on deck for it. 

Just watching Scotland’s Game on the BBC Scotland channel. It’s at the clubs going into administration phase of Scottish football after the Setanta collapse. It’s still a rich irony that many of the clubs who took the administration route and shafted creditors in that period now sit well above us in the league structure. Brings home that the penalties for financial misconduct in Scottish football really have been inadequate

Edited to add that it’s now on the Gretna ‘fairytale’. Jesus, it gets worse  

Edited by roverthemoon

Just watching Scotland’s Game on the BBC Scotland channel. It’s at the clubs going into administration phase of Scottish football after the Setanta collapse. It’s still a rich irony that many of the clubs who took the administration route and shafted creditors in that period now sit well above us in the league structure. Brings home that the penalties for financial misconduct in Scottish football really have been inadequate
Edited to add that it’s now on the Gretna ‘fairytale’. Jesus, it gets worse  
It's why we've struggled for so long imo. The burden of having historical debt has lead to us having more as the years have went on and we're stuck in a vicious cycle. Beyond one of us striking lucky in business or winning alot, that's the way we are for the foreseeable. I take a bit of pride that our club hasn't ever shafted creditors in that manner and that we are trying to get a club that is self sustainable while paying our debts.