Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Still don’t understand how fans can call for all involved to be banned, this will just lead to them finding another team to support and everyone sitting in silence once again, all over a smoke bomb and what may could be accidental breaking of seats. Unbelievable

I had heard that some of the seats were broken while they ran onto the pitch for Hendry’s goal, this would probably suggest it was an accident in the heat of the moment.

I had heard that some of the seats were broken while they ran onto the pitch for Hendry’s goal, this would probably suggest it was an accident in the heat of the moment.

Excactly, and since there were so many people in such a tight space it wouldn’t be a surprise if that were the case and in my opinion has no warrant for a ban

Excactly, and since there were so many people in such a tight space it wouldn’t be a surprise if that were the case and in my opinion has no warrant for a ban
Your opinion is pish when your happy to support a homophobic post in all honesty.

Homophobic post? When have I supported that?
When you greenied/ liked one today that has subsequently been deleted by the mods.

Must of been an accident as don’t recall supporting that mate
Fair enough if it was an accident. No harm done with it having been deleted now.

Fair enough if it was an accident. No harm done with it having been deleted now.

True, just think the young boys shouldn’t be given all the praise in the world for 24 hours after the game then have their heads called for after a statement from the club, I don’t think a ban is necessary as they do a world of good for the club

True, just think the young boys shouldn’t be given all the praise in the world for 24 hours after the game then have their heads called for after a statement from the club, I don’t think a ban is necessary as they do a world of good for the club
I can only assume the club have only received this information today with it being the first "working" day of the week and have subsequently acted on it. There have been fans who have brought issues up and been met with similar abuse in the past which the club hasn't spoken on though. There is obviously an element of our fans who are taking things too far but most would agree they are doing good for the most part. Hopefully they can take this under consideration and that they will continue to keep coming and get the plaudits they have deserved for the good things they are doing. We all want to enjoy going to the football. That should be without homophobic comments, racism or general vandalism. I don't personally see the need for smoke bombs either but if they are to be used, then using them in an enclosed area like happened at firhill is irresponsible due to the health issues it poses. Especially when there are children around.

Agreed. Hopefully the young lads take on board some of the comments though re smoke bombs and be a bit savvy about where they set them off. What would be a decent idea is for the YT to organise a huge march for the final holding their smoke bombs in the air singing their songs on route to the stadium with flags and banners and then at least they’ve had a chance to use them rather than set them off in the ground. I for one hope they continue to grow as a group and enjoy themselves without anything that’s going to find themselves or the club in trouble.

5 hours ago, Frank conner said:

Why didn't the stewards intervene considering they were standing right in front of them.

I've never stewarded a game, but how do you think it would've went down if the stewards had went in and started ejecting fans? Absolutely not worth there bother and putting themselves at risk. 

As it is I'm sure they have passed up what happened, Cctv has been looked at by both clubs and its been accepted it wasn't "heat of the moment", hence why Raith have been forced to release a statement on it.  The levels of whataboutery would make the old firm blush with some of these posts.

Singing and making an atmosphere-Top tier banter. 

Willfuly damaging other teams stadiums-Arsehole behaviour more aligned to the old firm fans, get rid. 

5 hours ago, buchan30 said:

IMG_8346.jpg

Christ. 

1 hour ago, roarytheraver said:

Must of been an accident 

Found the brains behind the South stand boys statement. 

Edited by Grant228

I’m ready for the usual meltdoons about ridiculous behaviour, the danger of flares and the cost of replacing damaged seats but asthmatic children pishing their breeks in the South Stand has certainly got me.

Guys aged 70+ or mums waiting in the pie queue then. Why should anyone wade through that nonsense in a concourse at a football ground?

Really don’t see what the laughing matter is surrounding my boy who loves going to games but would be terrified confronted with a wall of smoke inside the stand. Just nip it in the bud now before someone gets hurt or something serious occurs.

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I've never stewarded a game, but how do you think it would've went down if the stewards had went in and started ejecting fans? Absolutely not worth there bother and putting themselves at risk. 

As it is I'm sure they have passed up what happened, Cctv has been looked at by both clubs and its been accepted it wasn't "heat of the moment", hence why Raith have been forced to release a statement on it.  The levels of whataboutery would make the old firm blush with some of these posts.

Singing and making an atmosphere-Top tier banter. 

Willfuly damaging other teams stadiums-Arsehole behaviour more aligned to the old firm fans, get rid. 

Christ. 

Found the brains behind the South stand boys statement. 

They should stick to good clean fun - the Dunfermline way - like tipping cars over and frightening old ladies. Maybe paint their bedsheets and walk along the High Street.

It seems to me that the folk who want to tell the young team how to behave are folk who, in all likelihood, sit in virtual silence at games. The same ones who mention it’s nice to have some atmosphere for a change. If the young team behave like us, then we’ll go back to sitting in silence with only the odd boo to break it. 

If they are breaking seats on purpose then that’s not good behaviour, but it wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the plastic seats at grounds are well past their sell by date. The ones in our North and South Stands have been open to the elements for 25 years. What is the life expectancy of these seats?*

*less than 90 minutes if our young team are in the stand.

Edited by Scary Bear

There's me thinking that's what stewards are there for not just to show folk to their seats.Are they not there for the safety of others? If not why bother just check the CCTV and sort it out the next working day.

South Stand Boys have deleted their statement after being called out for having a photo of a flare as their background picture on twitter and posting videos with the flares at half time.

They have also changed their photo of twitter now.

46 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

They should stick to good clean fun - the Dunfermline way - like tipping cars over and frightening old ladies. Maybe paint their bedsheets and walk along the High Street.

It seems to me that the folk who want to tell the young team how to behave are folk who, in all likelihood, sit in virtual silence at games. The same ones who mention it’s nice to have some atmosphere for a change. If the young team behave like us, then we’ll go back to sitting in silence with only the odd boo to break it. 

If they are breaking seats on purpose then that’s not good behaviour, but it wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the plastic seats at grounds are well past their sell by date. The ones in our North and South Stands have been open to the elements for 25 years. What is the life expectancy of these seats?*

*less than 90 minutes if our young team are in the stand.

Letting smoke bombs off indoors, invading the pitch and breaking seats are not allowed. Just take the criticism & sort yourselves out, instead of trying to deflect it. Classic OF whataboutery on show here, thought Raith were above all that.

It’s all about educating the Young Team, and ensuring they know the “Do’s & Don’ts”, most of which is common sense but that’s out the window when your 16-18 & pished!

They’ve been excellent. However, reportedly broken seats at Falkirk, Livi & Partick, is no accident, that’s a reoccurring theme of vandalism (just stop breaking seats!) - that’s not to say accidents don’t happen.

For the Pyro, I personally think it’s brilliant, however there is very much a time & a place for it, and enclosed spaces such as a concourse is not the place for it, it could have set a smoke alarm off and had Friday’s game abandoned, just a wee bit embarrassing...!

Just don’t be stupid. And keep yourselves right. With the group getting as big as it is, some of you will need to step up and police your pals/area, and call out the folks that are doing the stupid stuff. Saves the Club sticking out Statements, leave that to the vile pair in Glasgow.

I’m still trying to work out which is worst. The pyro/broken seats incidents or the statement from the South Stand Boys. A actual dinny cane

Personally I'm loving this new atmosphere at games when these boys are making a noise. There always has been far too many moaners in the Raith support, folks that seem to want to sit in silence and the only noise you'll generally hear from them is when they are being vocal about negative aspects or (my favourite) lambasting the team for playing it out from the back "get it up the park!" you hear, yet these are the self same supporters that were decrying the "hoof ball" tactics of last season. I'd love to see how these tactical geniuses would get on if they were season ticket holders at the Nou Camp, but that's another matter.

To be fair though this current situation is not all one sided, the "Young team" are playing their part well in some aspects but to continue to do so they have to self police. The Tartan Army enjoys an earned reputation as a hard drinking but generally well behaved lot. Many of the guys are proud to be seen to be non hooligans,  I've even seen a few examples of self policing in action where guys not behaving have been taken aside and told what was what. 

The club needs support, we need bigger numbers and with greater numbers will come controversy (there's always a few). Some of what comes have to be accepted as a consequence but there has to be some balance. From their Twitter statement it seems the SSB  recognise what is ok and what is not, the question is whether they can better control things going forward.

A 16 year old pal of my youngest was in amongst it all at Firhill and said he couldn't understand the grief, he was of the opinion "standing on chairs, singing and the odd smoke bomb is only banter" This is a classic example of the inexperience of youth who cant see that the the bigger picture.  Rovers with only 1 home game in Feb Rovers have a serious cash flow crisis and as a result can ill afford to have £1000 or even £500 for repairs docked off the £5,500ish that could be our share of the gate.

Don't let the nay sayers get you down too much but all the same sort it out guys , you're mostly a sound bunch and everyone can see that you are making a difference for the better on a match day.