The New Raith Rovers Thread

Only 3 goals since September though. He also missed an open goal against Celtic last week.

Every club he's been to recently has seen a manager sacked and he seems to have been a disruptive influence at each club.

I think it would be suicide by McGlynn to sign him.
A wee bit harsh, he burst a gut and stretched out to make contact with the ball at the back post, hardly Iwelumo levels of open goals.

To simplify the whole scenario; I trust McGlynn. 

If he's done the due diligence on the signing and he's happy to go ahead with it then I'm happy to back him. 

@CALDERON makes a good point about the amount of chances we'll provide him and his obvious ability to put them away. 

I was speaking to an Alloa fan last night who watched Miller in their game against Partick three or four weeks ago. He said Miller's reading of the game and positional sense were streets ahead of anyone else on the park, but Partick didn't have anyone with the guile and vision to pick out his runs and Miller became ever more exasperated. 

Maybe Regan Hendry is the man to supply him. 

However, the Italian restaurants in Kirkcaldy will be bricking it in case he turns up with his Mrs for a post match meal. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

Could we really do better? Mcglynn has been trying to do that for 26 days in this window so far, and has been knocked back 4 times. The Gullan situation isn't in our hands so don't know what else there is. Chance a loan signing and hope they are decent? 
We can't just rely on Bowie, Baird and Smith. Smith is untested really and Bowie has fantastic potential, but is still young and raw. Granted we scored a good few goals yesterday, but away to Forfar we were crying out for a centre forward to get on the end of those great cross balls. 
Miller is not my first choice, I doubt he's anyone's at this stage of his career. But he's a vastly experienced centre forward who scores goals. Granted its a risk given his age, but we have a pressing need to get out this league in the next 4 months. Its worth a gamble, and you can't say he wouldn't buried some of the glaring chances that have cost us points this season. 
Think the Skacel comparisons are lazy. He was brought in as Lockes mate having not played in a few years. I'd like to think we owe Mcglynn a bit more credit than that.
Totally different to the Partick situation in that he's coming into one of, if not the, best sides in the league who are creating and missing multiple chances per game. 
We are a League 1 club who have lost out on every target so far in this window. I'm not really sure what other credible options are out there. 

Agree with every frickin word

How do we line up if we do sign Kenny? I’m pretty sure, at his age, he will only be going somewhere where’s he’s had a guarantee of a game. Assuming then that he will be first choice, who do we leave out? I can’t see it working with him and Baird up top but seems a bit of a shame to bomb out Bairdy who’s just starting to come onto a game.

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

How do we line up if we do sign Kenny? I’m pretty sure, at his age, he will only be going somewhere where’s he’s had a guarantee of a game. Assuming then that he will be first choice, who do we leave out? I can’t see it working with him and Baird up top but seems a bit of a shame to bomb out Bairdy who’s just starting to come onto a game.

Agree. Baird is still our best forward when he's on his game I think and I'd be looking for someone who could play with him rather than replace him. 

Agree. Baird is still our best forward when he's on his game I think and I'd be looking for someone who could play with him rather than replace him. 

I’m sure they’ll discuss the permutations of their game together. Two out and out strikers pushing each other on

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Could we really do better? Mcglynn has been trying to do that for 26 days in this window so far, and has been knocked back 4 times. The Gullan situation isn't in our hands so don't know what else there is. Chance a loan signing and hope they are decent? 

We can't just rely on Bowie, Baird and Smith. Smith is untested really and Bowie has fantastic potential, but is still young and raw. Granted we scored a good few goals yesterday, but away to Forfar we were crying out for a centre forward to get on the end of those great cross balls. 

Miller is not my first choice, I doubt he's anyone's at this stage of his career. But he's a vastly experienced centre forward who scores goals. Granted its a risk given his age, but we have a pressing need to get out this league in the next 4 months. Its worth a gamble, and you can't say he wouldn't buried some of the glaring chances that have cost us points this season. 

Think the Skacel comparisons are lazy. He was brought in as Lockes mate having not played in a few years. I'd like to think we owe Mcglynn a bit more credit than that.

Totally different to the Partick situation in that he's coming into one of, if not the, best sides in the league who are creating and missing multiple chances per game. 

We are a League 1 club who have lost out on every target so far in this window. I'm not really sure what other credible options are out there. 

You can have Sammon from us, and If you speak nicely to Tommy Wright at St Johnstone he will hopefully recall McMillan from us and send him your way permanently. 🤞

Just now, Jilted John said:

Miller will be offered whatever we can afford and it’ll be up to him to take it or leave it. I doubt very much he can make any demands at his age

Im sure there would be other clubs interested and he has given up a decent wage at partick for the next few months.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He won’t have given up a wage though, will he? He’ll have had a substantial pay off.

Substantially less though than his wages till may or they wouldve been as well keeping him.  Partick punted him so they could  afford to bring in graham.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Substantially less though than his wages till may or they wouldve been as well keeping him.  Partick punted him so they could  afford to bring in graham.

You seem to know an awful lot about what happens behind the scenes at Partick?? 

Typical Falkirk fan 😂 😂 

3 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

You seem to know an awful lot about what happens behind the scenes at Partick?? 

Typical Falkirk fan 😂 😂 

Typical falkirk fan?  Its only common sense that if u are paying someone off the deal will be less than its going to cost you in wages to keep him. Otherwise there is no point in  letting him go.  We've paid off enough dross over the last few seasons that we're pretty much experts in that matter.

Typical falkirk fan?  Its only common sense that if u are paying someone off the deal will be less than its going to cost you in wages to keep him. Otherwise there is no point in  letting him go.  We've paid off enough dross over the last few seasons that we're pretty much experts in that matter.

I’m pretty sure Kenny Miller will have enough money in the bank at this stage of his career that he can afford to lose a few quid so he can continue to play most weeks.

I’ve heard we offered Goodwillie £900 a week and he turned us down

I remember people complaining when we signed a washed up ageing ex international forward called Joe Baker ( one for the youngsters there) if Kenny can give us double figures in goals between now and April get him signed no brainer.