The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

What happened last time we sent out a player on loan to a team in same league?

At least Stranraer shouldn’t be able to relegate us...

Not too fussed about Victoria leaving, he had very small flashes of promise but he has been pretty injury prone and is well down the pecking order in terms of starting upfront or out wide. Makes sense to free up a wage. Surely that means we are bringing someone in before tomorrow? Can’t see the logic in sending him out before a replacement came in and leaving ourselves light for a big game.

Will be interesting to see who is brought it, the fact we are on 5th/6th choice by McGlynn’s own admission suggests it isn’t likely to be someone who will be seen as a coup or universally excite the fans. More likely to be someone we will take a punt on in a calculated gamble (Miller/Doolan/McGuigan type). In terms of loans I’d be happy with someone like Innes Cameron from Killie. Lewis Mansell being sent out on loan from Partick Thistle once he recovers from a knock apparently. Wouldn’t be surprised if we were in for him but going by their scoring records for Thistle this season Miller would be a better bet!

Edited by R.R.FC

I agree. We would get the ball and he wouldn't make any runs at all down the line, he would just stand still. 

My only concern is that JMcG has lost out on his top 4 players meaning the rest are 5th, 6th and 7th choice. It was mentioned that we have a couple guys on trial, why haven't they got clubs? Have they not been good enough from their past team? If so then surly we should be looking at loan players rather than out of contract players
The likes of Gillespie has signed for ayr having been playing Ireland (iirc) there's a few players who will have been in a similar boat with contracts being up elsewhere and coming home so it doesn't necessarily mean that there's a bad reason for them being available at this time of the year.

Mcglynn said he had a loan lined up in his pre match interview, hopefully he didn't mean Victoria going out on loan.

I can't be the only one who's not that bothered with Victoria going out? He hasn't really shown much in the brief chances he did get. I'd rather Smith was given game time ahead of him. It also potentially frees up more money for mcglynn to get someone in who is going to contribute. Hopefully he can help Stranraer take points off of our competitors till the end of the season.

Should have been given a fair chance though as Dingwall has been poor

Should have been given a fair chance though as Dingwall has been poor
Mcglynn and smudger see him in training every week the same as they do Dingwall. There has to be a reason he hasn't been given more of a chance. I doubt he was signed to be more than a backup player but he has realistically done nothing to suggest he was worth getting more game time.

Mcglynn and smudger see him in training every week the same as they do Dingwall. There has to be a reason he hasn't been given more of a chance. I doubt he was signed to be more than a backup player but he has realistically done nothing to suggest he was worth getting more game time.

Neither has Dingwall tbf.

TX... if you’re reading my previous post, the term c**t in Scotland can be used to describe anyone. A good c**t, a funny c**t, an annoying c**t etc. Don’t take offense... see what I did there?

Tx has been a breath of fresh air. The guy lives in Texarse and he gives an actual f**k about our club. Tx please have some money to put into the club hehe.