Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Is Miller not a pretty disruptive influence these days? Plus he's 40. I'd stay clear of him.

Age is a protected characteristic Grum... best staying clear of such topics around here!

Yeah I think Miller would be a mistake. If he's being cut loose by Partick there must be a good reason for it.

Miller would probably score goals in league 1, but let’s be honest it’s time for him to retire from football.

Edited by RaithRover123

Age is but a number... Vaughan is nice and young, but can't play. If you are 18 or 40 and fit enough to do well for 75-90mins, then that is all that really matters.

I haven't seen Miller this season, but we need a striker so if McGlynn has and is confident he would score and get the better of most league 1 defences then it wouldn't a bad signing at all* (considering that there are not exactly many other options!). 

*On paper - of course signings can always not work in the end.

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

Canny see why we wouldn’t go for Miller if it was affordable. Has scored goals everywhere he has went, might do Bowie the world off good to learn off him, still has the legs for league 1. Would be all for him in a player/ coach role if it could be done

Don’t think partick fans will miss him.

An ode to Kenny Miller:
Chased out first club, causes some rancor
Fourth time now, was almost a banker.
It's becoming to be,
Quite plain for all to see,
That Kenny Miller is a w****r.

I’m not convinced his work rate’s that great tbh. He’ll make a 50 yard sprint but then spending the next 10 mins strolling about and pointing.

A luxury we couldn’t afford and glad to see the back of him. Lazy moaning player well past his best who in recent months couldn’t find the goal. McCall’s clearly seen that.
The squad is getting de-Caldwelled. Still some dross to ship out.

Aye I would say I’m in the Kenny Miller OUT, bracket.
But it would be very us to give him a 6 month deal before he hangs up the boots. And if he does sign and scores 10 goals which would take us up - then great signing.

Vitoria can play as a striker but never gets a game, so why was he signed, whats the point of wasting more money bringing in an ageing front man whos legs are probably gone, and might end up being a bad influence in the dressing room 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

From what we've seen so far Victoria only wants to attack and doesn't seem as keen on coming back to defend, that's why Gullan has been preferred. Kenny Miller won't be the type to get back and defend either. If Gullan isn't returning he needs replaced with a similar type of forward.

4 hours ago, grumswall said:

Is Miller not a pretty disruptive influence these days? Plus he's 40. I'd stay clear of him.

3 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Age is a protected characteristic Grum... best staying clear of such topics around here!

Disgraceful ageism! Have you not heard of the Equality Act!

If we now prefer an older man, I’d rather we brought Brewster back.

4 hours ago, Michael W said:

Miller would be a Rudi Skacel Mark II. 

Stay well clear. 

Mark II implies improvement...unless it’s made by Lucas.

Would someone like Declan Byrne, from Albion, be a viable target? Albion are struggling, and won’t love losing him, but he seems to be scoring pretty well and would likely live to get out...just no real action at a higher level.

Aye I would say I’m in the Kenny Miller OUT, bracket.
But it would be very us to give him a 6 month deal before he hangs up the boots. And if he does sign and scores 10 goals which would take us up - then great signing.

A bit confused, you say you’re in the OUT camp and then finish by saying “then great signing” 🧐

I personally think he’s a luxury the club cannot afford. He’s well past it and a bit of a ‘Richard’ I’ve heard.

I would prefer taking on a Championship player who’s maybe fallen out of favour but still under 35 year old, who knows the league and what it’s all about. Or even some punt on an player from down south, but going to be hard as I think Falkirk and Airdrie will be on the lookout for the same players as us.

Going to be hard to convince someone from down south to up sticks to KDY to play shitey league 1 football.