The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

What happened last time we sent out a player on loan to a team in same league? Stranraer at home 2nd last game of the season as well. You can almost write the script.

He won't be able to play against us.

What happened last time we sent out a player on loan to a team in same league?

Except he won't be able to play against us and we're not impacted by Stranraer gathering points unless they join the promotion race.

Best case scenario is he scores against Falkirk/Airdrie.

10 minutes ago, Raithie said:

What happened last time we sent out a player on loan to a team in same league? Stranraer at home 2nd last game of the season as well. You can almost write the script.

Yeah He will likely be unavailable to them against the parent club (as was Vaughan at Dumbarton), it's a standard agreement for loans, mind you it is the Rovers so.....🙄

Listening to McGlynn interview, 2 players on trial, another one lined up as a loan and another "from left field" I wonder if with Miller coming available yesterday it is him after all.

When asked at the AGM about Gullan, Stevie MacDonald did say that "we've not been told he's not coming back yet" he also added that it could depend on Hibs signing 1 or both of their targets.

Edited by Scottydog

8 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

standard agreement

It's in the SPFL rules.

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club 
64  During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in:  
(i) a League Match;  
(ii) a Play-Off Match;  
(iii) a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match; 
(iv) a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match; and  
(v) a Scottish Cup Match; and 
during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club  or for his t

I can't be the only one who's not that bothered with Victoria going out? He hasn't really shown much in the brief chances he did get. I'd rather Smith was given game time ahead of him. It also potentially frees up more money for mcglynn to get someone in who is going to contribute. Hopefully he can help Stranraer take points off of our competitors till the end of the season.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

I can't be the only one who's not that bothered with Victoria going out? He hasn't really shown much in the brief chances he did get. I'd rather Smith was given game time ahead of him. It also potentially frees up more money for mcglynn to get someone in who is going to contribute. Hopefully he can help Stranraer take points off of our competitors till the end of the season.

I agree. We would get the ball and he wouldn't make any runs at all down the line, he would just stand still. 

My only concern is that JMcG has lost out on his top 4 players meaning the rest are 5th, 6th and 7th choice. It was mentioned that we have a couple guys on trial, why haven't they got clubs? Have they not been good enough from their past team? If so then surly we should be looking at loan players rather than out of contract players