Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

If they've terminated the contract, then any deal he makes with us is at the rate we offer.

We have not (to the best of my knowledge) offered him a new contract with us, the only contract Anderson has with us is or was as a loan player and as such he remains an employee of St Johnstone FC until his contract with them expires in June. It is highly unlikely we would or even could offer him any contract until his existing contract expires (or is terminated by mutual agreement) as all contracts are subject to SFA/SFL registration.

With that in mind it is also unlikely that St Johnstone would have terminated any contract as they would have to negotiate a release with the player and there has been no news posted in the media to suggest this has actually happened either by us, them or the player himself.

22 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

there has been no news posted in the media to suggest this has actually happened either by us, them or the player himself

Lack of information in the media does not mean that nothing is happening behind closed doors. After all did we predict exactly who we were signing in the summer thorough any kind of media article? There were certainly a few surprise signings over the years that no one had seen coming 

We did find out through media, social media and there been none of that either.

I think St Johnstone would have mentioned it though, fanfare for the leaving of a cup winning goalscorer type of thing. 

Even Rovers mostly thank players for their services when they go.

When was the last time we scored from a corner, lads?

Depends on your definition. Saturday was from a corner, but if you mean corner taken and the next touch is the goal, I think it would be Brad Spencer against East Fife in October.

We’re not very good at them, certainly.

10 minutes ago, Paco said:

Depends on your definition. Saturday was from a corner, but if you mean corner taken and the next touch is the goal, I think it would be Brad Spencer against East Fife in October.

Wondering if our low number of corners is more of an influence than sheer poor execution. Of course, the fact that we seem to be worse in the air than an acrophobic sloth doesn’t help either.

15 minutes ago, Paco said:

Even then it drops onto his foot. If you really mean a classic 1 phase corner: centre back rising above his marker and smashing it into the net with his head, then you have to go back to Euan Murray last season.

Our corners have been toothless for a long time.

Even then it drops onto his foot. If you really mean a classic 1 phase corner: centre back rising above his marker and smashing it into the net with his head, then you have to go back to Euan Murray last season.
Our corners have been toothless for a long time.

Miller did score on the second day at Stranraer, but that’s all unfortunately.

The defenders we have aren’t really goal threats to be fair. Davidson hasn’t managed more than two in a season since 2013, Benedictus hasn’t scored since Gary Locke was manager, McKay is only really a threat from open play at RB and Anderson could’ve been a threat, we just haven’t really seen much of him.

I miss having the like of Big Marv, Mark Campbell and Andy Todd strolling up into the box for a corner. Must have given opposition teams the fear.

56 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

I miss Jock McStay’s front post flick on’s

I miss Iain Phillip's front post flick-ons!

latest?cb=20170329201730

Young boys have posted on twitter that the Nando song won’t be sung anymore. A wise choice. Let’s all move on and get everyone together behind the team for the run in.

I miss having the like of Big Marv, Mark Campbell and Andy Todd strolling up into the box for a corner. Must have given opposition teams the fear.

Miss the "smacking" sound of forehead on leather when big Marv connected knocking opposition defenders around like skittles....

Young boys have posted on twitter that the Nando song won’t be sung anymore. A wise choice. Let’s all move on and get everyone together behind the team for the run in.

Sensible. Let’s hope they keep up the noise.

Don’t you know, pump it up,

The Raith are going up!

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Good judgement and maturity from the young lads, bodes well for our fan base! With the complements they’ve received for the atmosphere they’ve been providing, it’s quite gratifying to see such a sensible call to prevent detracting from the pluses they provide. Plaudits to them!

I saw that too on STV, definitely not great news.

With Shaw leaving permanently to Ross County, I believe that leaves Hibs with only three strikers. You'd have to assume they'll be bringing someone else in, and still need Gullan in reserve.

Christ knows what the plan is now. We could really do with another body up top, but it feels like we've already struck a line through the first few entries on John McGlynn's wishlist.