Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
45 minutes ago, keithgy said:
And i am here to ban you.

And I bet the power goes to your head!

Of course

Its because people are offended by anything and everything these days also when a player is out for no specific reason the first port of call is "mental issues"even though no one actually knows what's going on it's just the world we live in nowadays.

Why do you think Mendy is the subject of the song, and not Lewis Allan or Grant Anderson, as you suggest?

Because he is a football player that plays for the football team that these boys support.

Why aren’t people taking offence to the McGlynn song or the MacDonald song?

35 minutes ago, mendys cock said:

Only new singing I want to see this window is a new fan officer, this one is tragic and would rather see the entire stadium empty than have any atmosphere.

This is the problem you've got here, and a problem that many young folk have in debates - absolutely nobody has said you guys should f**k off and stop singing. Arguments aren't always so black and white. You've been congratluated by just about everyone for the atmosphere you're lads are creating, but those same many are respectfully asking you to consider dropping one song which may be construed as offensive. The fact you're on here attacking those folk is not a good look for you or your team of mates. We had the same problem at Dumbarton with a group of young guys, took any slight criticism as an attack and started being aggressive towards other fans rather than considering if the criticism is valid.

10 minutes ago, mendys cock said:

Why has everyone ignored this point? Why has everyone just skipped past it?

Do Raith actually sing about Iain Davidson liking haggis?

Because he is a football player that plays for the football team that these boys support.

Why aren’t people taking offence to the McGlynn song or the MacDonald song?

You’re not this dumb, chief.

Has anyone actually asked Mendy if 1. he does have a massive cock and 2. is he offended by the song.  If the answer to 1. is no or 2. is yes then I would drop the song.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Has anyone actually asked Mendy if 1. he does have a massive cock and 2. is he offended by the song.  If the answer to 1. is no or 2. is yes then I would drop the song.

If you look on twitter you can see mendy posting the song on his official Instagram account, and replying to fans signing it, and him also signing it himself adding on “it is fucking massive” at the end aswell.

Whether or not Nando Mendy is offended by it is only really relevant in a private conversation with him. If you're singing something out loud in a public place, wider consideration has to be given. It's 2020, and it's not acceptable.

Whether or not Nando Mendy is offended by it is only really relevant in a private conversation with him. If you're singing something out loud in a public place, wider consideration has to be given. It's 2020, and it's not acceptable.

The chant won’t be stopped unless it comes from the club or sfa or player. And I think is is fair.

It will get to the point where swearing at a football match will be frowned upon sooner or later.

We've already established that you're thick as mince, please don't feel like you need to continue providing further evidence.

We've already established that you're thick as mince, please don't feel like you need to continue providing further evidence.

Just because someone has a contrasting opinion from you does not make them “thick as mince”?

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Cheers, I'm happy to be corrected, although the outcome wouldn't have been any better than the previous two.

Might have been the most financially rewarding of the 3 options though. 

OK. So some people think it’s racist and everyone should stop it. Others think it’s fine and should continue. But what about Kick It Out?

Here’s what they said about the Romelu Lukaku song sung by Man Utd fans a few years ago:

"Kick It Out is aware of footage of alleged racist chanting by supporters of Manchester United that emerged on Wednesday evening," a spokesman told The Times.

"The lyrics used in the chant are offensive and discriminatory.

"Racist stereotypes are never acceptable in football or wider society, irrespective of any intention to show support for a player.

"We have contacted Manchester United regarding the issues and will be working closely with them and the FA to ensure that it is addressed swiftly.

"If we received any reports relating to the discriminatory chant, those well be passed to the governing body and the perpetrators can expect to face punishment."

No doubt you'll be running to the fans rep complaining about the song cos that's the kind of thing a snivelling little p***k like you would do.

Nah, I'll just wait until she pops into the 200 Club.
Maybe you speak to the young lads on Saturday I'm sure they'll take your advice on board and then hopefully kick your whining arse down the stairs.

If Kick It Out hadn’t became involved I doubt Lukaku would have said anything. In fact I’m sure he himself said he knew the fans meant well with the song but the attention was now on the song rather than his football and the club, under increasing pressure, asked Lukaku to send out a tweet to encourage fans to stop. Like Mendy I don’t think Lukaku gives a f**k.

However in this day and age a bit of common sense wouldn’t go amiss and if the club are going to find themselves in hot water then binning it is probably for the best.