Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

After being turned down by us in favour of Gary Locke I wouldn’t blame him if he did. His fortunes have favoured slightly better than ours since then right enough.
I’m fairly confident we’ll see Gullan back and it would be ideal if it was for the Montrose game. As you say, we definitely miss him and the goal threat he carries. Dingwall has been a real disappointment this season, thought he looked a good player when he joined but it’s just not happening this season.

What is Dingwall’s preferred position? Seen him numerous times and he’s not looked comfortable wide, as a No.10 or further forward.

Drinking in the Glesga's leafy West End on a Friday night before heading along to a cup semi-final sounds like an absolute belter of an evening for a fitba fan if you ask me?

Normally I’d be Rover the moon, but since it doesn’t go with my plans for that weekend I’m going to cause a fuss about it.
At least I’m honest?

Normally I’d be Rover the moon, but since it doesn’t go with my plans for that weekend I’m going to cause a fuss about it.
At least I’m honest?

Is it parents night that Friday?

At least I’m honest?
If you're honest you'll tell us you have to be home b4 10pm.

I have to agree on the embarrassing Mendy song. Regardless of whether the player personally minds or not,  it’s a song that is playing to a racist stereotype and I’d like to see it binned. There’s a clear reason it’s sung about Mendy who has barely featured this season and not any of our other players who have actually contributed significantly to our title challenge. 

I’ve always been proud of how Rovers fans worked to bin I’d rather be a **** than a Par, despite there being voices in our support at the time maintaining that  it was just banter. I’d like to see this song go the same way. 

The young team created an incredible atmosphere on Saturday and added to a great day out despite the result. They’ve developed some great Rovers songs in the past few months which get a lot of the crowd joining in,  so I’m in no doubt that if they bin this song, they can easily replace it with something else everyone in our support can get behind. 

Edited by roverthemoon

55 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

What is Dingwall’s preferred position? Seen him numerous times and he’s not looked comfortable wide, as a No.10 or further forward.

I’m not sure, I seem to remember him saying when he signed he liked playing on the left and being able to drift inside. However, he’s been pretty quiet whenever played there IMO. I thought he showed promising signs as a 10 before his injury last season but it’s definitely not happened this season for him.

Missing pre season and trying to find fitness and form during the season without a reserve league can’t have helped him but he did get a run of starts a few weeks back and there’s still little sign he’s coming into form.

I have to agree on the embarrassing Mendy song. Regardless of whether the player personally minds or not,  it’s a song that is playing to a racist stereotype and I’d like to see it binned. There’s a clear reason it’s sung about Mendy who has barely featured this season and not any of our other players who have actually contributed significantly to our title challenge. 
I’ve always been proud of how Rovers fans worked to bin I’d rather be a **** than a Par, despite there being voices in our support at the time maintaining that  it was just banter. I’d like to see this song go the same way. 
The young team created an incredible atmosphere on Saturday and added to a great day out despite the result. They’ve developed some great Rovers songs in the past few months which get a lot of the crowd joining in,  so I’m in no doubt that if they bin this song, they can easily replace it with something else everyone in our support can get behind. 

Snowflakes, the song will live on

5 minutes ago, roarytheraver said:

You seem strangely proud of it. We’ll just have to agree to disagree then. 

Is it parents night that Friday?

Nope. Away at a birthday gaff. Also playing in Carnoustie the next morning so too much hassle.
I’ll try.

Would really hate the club to get in hot water over this. I think a few folk need to grow up and realise this isn’t a wise choice of hill to die on.

I wish the Partick  game was on a Tues night. I don't see the viewing figures changing by much , we could play Falkirk on the Sat. & make some money. Wish the clubs would wake up about

these minor cup fixtures.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Would really hate the club to get in hot water over this. I think a few folk need to grow up and realise this isn’t a wise choice of hill to die on.

Would like to see the club actually take this on and come out and say they’d rather it wasn’t sung.  The club has made great progress in recent years in attempting to become a genuine community club. Would hate to see it undermined by one casually racist song. 

Would like to see the club actually take this on and come out and say they’d rather it wasn’t sung.  The club has made great progress in recent years in attempting to become a genuine community club. Would hate to see it undermined by one casually racist song. 

Think the club need to make clear this song isn’t welcome at games and reaffirm their stance on deliberate breaking of seats. That last thing I would want to see is the club being forced into taking action against the YT, but if they have to I’m sure they will, and some of the YT should wise up to that.

Snowflake.

Some patter this. Well done to the individual involved.

I think it’s safe to say that whatever your opinion is on what was sung, whether you thought it was a good laugh or should be consigned to the bin, you wont be swayed by what people type into a football forum.

However, if you make an assumption about someone based purely on their race, then you’re being racist. There’s no two ways about it I’m afraid.

The away support has been great this season and made a massive difference to the atmosphere, and consequently, how enjoyable going to the game is.

They’ve also got a pretty big repertoire of songs at their disposal. Could maybe give this one a rest though.

1 minute ago, mendys big dobber said:

Am here to fucking stay boys x

I think you'll find that you're not

It’s not my fault your 700 years old and have forgotten what it’s like to be young. Don’t be angry at me!
My 700 year old what? Did you mean "you're"? That's why you should put the phone back in your satchel and pay attention to the teacher. That way you have an evens chance of not turning out a racist deadbeat. Although it may be too late...

Away to Thistle on a Friday night is a great fixture. The only issue might be if it’s goes to ET and penalties the last train might be hard to get.

Even if it doesn’t go to ET & Pens, it’s still pretty tight on timings, and the eventual train from Edin to Kdy.
Roughly times :-
• 7:45pm kick off, circa 9:30pm FT
•20mins walk to Kelvinbridge subway station
• 9:55pm, 6mins on Subway to Queenstreet
• 10:15pm from Queenstreet to Haymarket (Haymarket 11:12pm to Kdy 11:56pm)

Still though, the thought of being out in Glasgow before hand is excellent and completely worth it.