Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, RaithRover123 said:

They still had possession after the ball was handled I just don’t see how a pen can be given 

Scandalous, Franco. Pen a letter to the SFA?

Just watched the highlights and all 3 goals came from errors in defence. Davo should never be giving away a handball, McKay then clearly at fault for the 2nd and hesitation on the left lead to the 3rd. I'm in favour of a back 3 with wingbacks but Anderson makes a huge difference in a 3. If he is out for the next 2-3 months then we need to look at other options.

Just watched the highlights and all 3 goals came from errors in defence. Davo should never be giving away a handball, McKay then clearly at fault for the 2nd and hesitation on the left lead to the 3rd. I'm in favour of a back 3 with wingbacks but Anderson makes a huge difference in a 3. If he is out for the next 2-3 months then we need to look at other options.
I thought Ross Mathews was caught on his heels for the 3rd.

Third goal didn’t matter. Davidson made a mistake to give away the first, McKay the second.

No need to worry about it too much beyond that. I actually thought McKay and Davidson, mistakes apart, were our best players outside of Regan Hendry yesterday. Both guys will have woken up this morning and known, they don’t need anyone to tell them.

Just one of those things, no point worrying about it- we move on.

Gullan not in the Hibs squad today...
I have a feeling, without any foundation whatsoever, that Ross dislikes us so will probably recall Gullan just for the hell it.

We missed Gullan yesterday though, he would've played the Tony Dingwall role more effectively than Tony Dingwall.

25 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I have a feeling, without any foundation whatsoever, that Ross dislikes us so will probably recall Gullan just for the hell it.

We missed Gullan yesterday though, he would've played the Tony Dingwall role more effectively than Tony Dingwall.

After being turned down by us in favour of Gary Locke I wouldn’t blame him if he did. His fortunes have favoured slightly better than ours since then right enough.

I’m fairly confident we’ll see Gullan back and it would be ideal if it was for the Montrose game. As you say, we definitely miss him and the goal threat he carries. Dingwall has been a real disappointment this season, thought he looked a good player when he joined but it’s just not happening this season.

Edited by R.R.FC

We better get Gullan back as there aint any out and out goalscorers going around in the lower leagues apart from the one we lost out on. And I dont see any in the reserve league thats better than who we have, so we really have to start putting away the chances we get 

I understand that, but a recall of Mendy from Kelty was never in the cards, so that excuse is out. Now he’s only really started playing with the team again, it’ll take JMcG time to establish his view on his play, but what he’s seen of Mendy’s behavior with regard to awareness in practice should be useful.
I would never suggest Watson at CB in a four back, or the middle CB in a three or five back...but in a five back, the RCB position is not nearly as different from a RB in a four across as some people are suggesting. It’s well within the lads abilities, based upon what we’ve seen so far, but I’ll drop it for now as the idea of play him like this drives some people mad (much like the idea of him playing at all did at the start of the season).
I'm sorry but unless we are away to Falkirk I don't want to see us ever needing to play a back 5 in league 1.

I'm sorry but unless we are away to Falkirk I don't want to see us ever needing to play a back 5 in league 1.

...is this a whoosh?

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Dodged a bullet. Livi got Inverness away in he next round.

That's not how it works, Livingston wouldn't have been in the draw which would have made us ball 14 making us away to Hamilton. 

That's not how it works, Livingston wouldn't have been in the draw which would have made us ball 14 making us away to Hamilton. 

Which is probably even worse from a football point of view as well as a financial one.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

As Jilted John notes, the Accies had a couple over 1,000 show for their game yesterday. Makes Livi look like a money spinner.

Bullet dodged in any case.

as for Lavvi, good enough for em.

Take Livingston out the draw and we would be number 13, the numbers are allocated by alphabetical order. Take livi out and Motherwell push up a number and we have slotted in at number 13.

St mirren away

12 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Inverness away

11 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

away to Hamilton. 

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

St mirren away

Mackay and Davo are heroes...

Since when was the Partick semi final on a Friday night for fucks sake?

Away to Thistle on a Friday night is a great fixture. The only issue might be if it’s goes to ET and penalties the last train might be hard to get.

1 hour ago, RaithTheRover said:

Since when was the Partick semi final on a Friday night for fucks sake?

Drinking in the Glesga's leafy West End on a Friday night before heading along to a cup semi-final sounds like an absolute belter of an evening for a fitba fan if you ask me?