Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Why didn't the interviewer ask about potential signings, we wouldn't be given names but might be given an insight to see if we are getting closer to a deal or 2.

Why didn't the interviewer ask about potential signings, we wouldn't be given names but might be given an insight to see if we are getting closer to a deal or 2.

You’ve answered your own question. There is no news until they’ve signed.

Judging by McGlynn's comments in the FFP today we don't seem particularly close to completing any deal. I'll be pleasantly surprised if anyone is in place for the Montrose match.

Incidentally, the Falkirk game has been rescheduled for the 3rd of March I see.

Robert Sloan seen practicing free kicks down at Starks this evening. 

Yes! That would guarantee promotion! A 36 year old winger currently at Bo’ness!!!

Sounds from McGlynn’s pre match interview that we were/are in the market for a defender. ‘We were hoping to try and do something else which may have allowed Fernandy to stay out, unfortunately that didn’t materialise so certainly in the meantime, if not till the end of the season, Fernandy will be back here.’

It has been reported well before the set back with Anderson that McGlynn had 2 specific signing targets in mind. If we are now looking at a defensive signing, I wonder if the budget will stretch to all 3 or if one of the positions he was looking at previously will need to be sacrificed?

SO.....all we know is......................... we don't know!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

Robert Sloan seen practicing free kicks down at Starks this evening. 

I saw Graham Weir walking along Links Street this morning with a pair of Puma Kings in a Sports Direct bag.

9 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I saw Graham Weir walking along Links Street this morning with a pair of Puma Kings in a Sports Direct bag.

Scored the winner to get us out of this shitfest of a league a few years back at Hampden....................................could do worse 😀

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Scored the winner to get us out of this shitfest of a league a few years back at Hampden....................................could do worse 😀

did he not then go something ridiculous like another 18 months before he scored for us again?????

20 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

did he not then go something ridiculous like another 18 months before he scored for us again?????

According to this he didn't score for three seasons.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=26216&season_id=138

TBF he was denied a perfectly good goal agains Dundee in the cup the following year.

That goal against Dundee being disallowed was an utter disgrace. I still remember being subdued at half time because I was convinced we'd end up being put out. 

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

That goal against Dundee being disallowed was an utter disgrace. I still remember being subdued at half time because I was convinced we'd end up being put out. 

I mind on the Sportscene highlights Pat Nevin wailing "HE'S MILES ONSIDE, HE'S MILES ONSIDE" at that decision. We were hanging on for grim death at the end too, very nearly costly. 

I mind on the Sportscene highlights Pat Nevin wailing "HE'S MILES ONSIDE, HE'S MILES ONSIDE" at that decision. We were hanging on for grim death at the end too, very nearly costly. 

I mind thinking Pat Nevin must’ve been drunk during that commentary.

53 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I mind thinking Pat Nevin must’ve been drunk during that commentary.

Aye, I always remember his shout of ‘It’s like a La Liga game!’ Of course it is Pat...

One of my favourite Rovers games that. 3000 away fans, Mark Campbell back in front of the fans before kick off, Grant Murray kicking and heading his own players to get to the ball as we defended for our lives second half, through to our first Scottish Cup semi final in almost 50 years and that Laurie Ellis goal and celebration 😍.

23 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Aye, I always remember his shout of ‘It’s like a La Liga game!’ Of course it is Pat...

Forgot about that one, good shout. 😂😂

6 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Him and his brother still playing with Harthill Juniors

Him and his brother still playing with Harthill Juniors

Did I dream it or did his brother play for us too? I’m sure he was either on trial or played in a friendly or reserve game?

12 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Sounds from McGlynn’s pre match interview that we were/are in the market for a defender. ‘We were hoping to try and do something else which may have allowed Fernandy to stay out, unfortunately that didn’t materialise so certainly in the meantime, if not till the end of the season, Fernandy will be back here.’

It has been reported well before the set back with Anderson that McGlynn had 2 specific signing targets in mind. If we are now looking at a defensive signing, I wonder if the budget will stretch to all 3 or if one of the positions he was looking at previously will need to be sacrificed?

You can have Durnan free gratis.