Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Something comforting  to see opposing supporters showng concern regards our finances.I think our board should heed any advice ,suggestions or expert opinions on finances from those along the road

Edited by Rovers_Lad

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Any more startling insights into the accounts? Have you considered how bad Raith would be if you were to subtract 300,000 from your accounts? I bet you'd post a bigger loss! Shocking right? 

Head not in the sand at least. 

It's almost like I know from personal experience that posting big losses year on year isn't very good, by your logic that providing you aren't getting points deduction everything is rosey where on earth did our financial catastrophe come from? I don't think any club in Scotland has been given a points deduction for having bad finances pre admin, it's simply not a thing. 

Having a financial model for a club thst is only sustainable at a level where they spend about half there time isn't sustainable. 

Get a life.

12 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Something comforting  to see opposing supporters showng concern regards our finances.I think our board should heed any advice ,suggestions or expert opinions on finances from those along the road

From a team that posted a profit at this level running a full time set up while running away with the league? 

Wouldn't be a bad shout tbf. 

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

From a team that posted a profit at this level running a full time set up while running away with the league? 

Nevermind with Crawford and Dair in charge it looks like relegation is a distinct possibility. Here's hoping.

Enough of this pish patter.

In other news, that's the Longridge rumours quashed. https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-respond-to-reports-over-interest-in-falkirk-s-louis-longridge-1-5071526

Who're we all wanting in this Transfer window? Who do we think JMcG's two targets are?

20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I seem to remember the Pars chairman saying last summer that their financial figures to June 2019 were going to be dreadful. He said that their actual attendances had plummeted and were nothing like the figures given, as they included the 2000 freebie season tickets given away, and that was one of the reasons for stopping them this season. 

Just wondered if they'd ever been made public. 

I'd love to see Brian Graham back. We could probably afford a short time deal based on donations & pledges then see where we are in the summer.

16 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Do you? 

You won't find a pars fan anywhere who will claim that we're the pinnacle of financial management, however you'll find plenty(well, a wee amount) of Raith fans happy to give plenty of advice about how Dunfermline should be living within there means, how they shouldn't overspend, etc, etc, etc. 

And yet here we are, how much have you lost in the past three years? It's utter head in the sand stuff in this thread, you have people talking about seriously trying to sing Louis Longridge when you're not even sustainable in your current guise! It's fucking mental. Good luck to ya, if it makes your accounts look easier on the eye then certainly cast yours over how shite ours used to be, that certainly didn't end up in a laughing matter. 

If you're lucky we'll toddle along the road and prop you up with the black and white pound when it all goes to shit, we've been there before, we know how to get out. Certainly the first step isn't burying your head in the sand and thinking it's going to be OK. 

The Sun is saying we are trying to sign Longridge not any fans! As for finances the Difference between the Rovers and the Pars is we are doing something about it and you have the cheek of having a picture of Hardie in one of your replies a player you signed and couldn’t afford then shag  up the arse local businesses aye right enough 

18 minutes ago, JAR said:

I'd love to see Brian Graham back. We could probably afford a short time deal based on donations & pledges then see where we are in the summer.

Not a hope in Christ he leaves County for us. 

36 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I seem to remember the Pars chairman saying last summer that their financial figures to June 2019 were going to be dreadful. He said that their actual attendances had plummeted and were nothing like the figures given, as they included the 2000 freebie season tickets given away, and that was one of the reasons for stopping them this season. 

Just wondered if they'd ever been made public. 

Aye we've made a loss last season, hence the big budget cuts and change of direction this one. 

Our attendances were the number of tickets sold, we started doing it after a few of the clubs in the championship did, it's all a bit ridiculous. 

The financial figures or the amount of people at the game? 

Partick Thistle are reportedly close to a deal for him I’m sure. I don’t think we’ll stand a chance of luring him to the third tier.

Tait in the Team of the Week. Callawho?

87901803-88A9-46A7-8CE9-F601318B9393.png

No chance of it happening probably, but would Christophe berra be prepared to drop down a couple of levels?? Would be handy but I don't even think the supporters fund would cover it. However, the gaffer has worked with him before....

P. S the sun will be linking us with berra tommorow after they read this.

No chance of it happening probably, but would Christophe berra be prepared to drop down a couple of levels?? Would be handy but I don't even think the supporters fund would cover it. However, the gaffer has worked with him before....

0 chance of that happening. He’ll easily get picked up by another premiership club.

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

He’ll easily get picked up by another premiership club.

I'd be pretty angry if we signed him, and we're desperate for an experienced CB. Hes absolutely finished.

Anderson is quicker and more mobile than Berra.

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

So you're saying if you were to remove 300,000 pounds we'd post a loss? Truly a fantastic insight. I get the impression you're not familiar with the centenary club, look it up. 

They must be shite then eh

So is it your fault that you've posted all these hundred of thousands pounds losses the last few seasons? 

Good Post. 

In the last 20 years have you not spent about half of it at this level? Not a dig but surely you shouldn't be in a position where unless you're competing in the championship you're not financially viable? 

"The best and most obvious route to help the situation is by winning promotion which leads to higher gates and greater prize money. The club have tried to maintain a competitive squad" 

That's incredibly dodgy is it not? Speculating to accumulate hasn't been a financially viable model for many clubs in Scotland. 

While it is simplistic to say that part time would solve all of Raiths worldly problems, there surely must be allot to say it would cost less to support a part time setup than a full time, or even hybrid setup? Things are looking allot more positive on the football front and hopefully you do come up, but if you don't what's the end game? How much can you continue to lose etc? 

Problem I see is really how much can operating PT take out of the 250k hole? We've seen to our cost that the high PT wages arent that much different from the low FT wages, so any meaningful savings to be made by going PT would likely mean we would have either a small squad, sign more of the "poorer" players - or both. I would hazard a guess that any savings on wages would either be offset or certainly diluted by the lower gates, reduced interest in hospitality, and lower prize money that would all come with a far poorer team on the pitch.

We've already seen some gates fall below the 1k mark in the past few years, previously unheard of, and a PT Rovers side struggling in League 1 could see that trend continue.

I think its important to note that the quoted figures dont take into account our current hybrid system, or the players fund etc. Neither of these are magic keys, but I would like to think that this time next year we are looking at figures heading in the right direction.

We aren't quite speculating to accumulate, we are trying to find a balance between keeping a competitive side on the park but being more effective with spend. I'd say this is the last season we can say this, but the potential rewards are worth it. Busy away ends likely from Dundee and Dunfermline, reasonable support perhaps from A.N Other relegated Premiership side - as well as vastly increased prize money. There's also no reason why we cant operate some kind of hybrid system in the league above to keep costs under some kind of control.

It's a long process, and theres not one ideal answer. I really think that drastic cost cutting too soon could potentially absolutely f**k the club for the longer term. There are smaller, but very ambitious clubs with lots of money starting to make their way into the league setup so I do think we need to be looking to get out this league ASAP. Obviously that cant go on forever, but I think we're better placed at the moment that we have been for some time.

That said, I think the most important thing going forward will be keeping ahold of John Mcglynn. If we do end up with significant cuts and need someone to work with even more limited resources, he's the man.

Unless Anderson is going to be out for the rest of the season I don't see any reason to sign another centre back.