The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

I’ve heard he didn’t even make it to Spain hence why he’s with us for another week. A naughty boy he has been.

I heard the same. 

Leathered a boy outside the Tropicana on Saturday after the Peterhead game, then got into a scrap with a bouncer in Bentleys after trying to goose his burd. 

It's a fact. 

I heard the same. 
Leathered a boy outside the Tropicana on Saturday after the Peterhead game, then got into a scrap with a bouncer in Bentleys after trying to goose his burd. 
It's a fact. 

You’re not far wrong.

On 03/01/2020 at 12:43, Michael W said:

Edit: bottom line - we need to get promoted. I can't see how that gap can possibly be closed in this league even if we went fully PT. 

Pay less in wages? Dunfermline were able to post a profit at this level. Considering the moral high ground Raith fans like to take with regards to finances I'm surprised they're being so blasé about their financial results. 

On 03/01/2020 at 19:40, Broken Algorithms said:

image.jpg

The wee derby doesn't have the same level of scenes as the Big Fife Derby...

The next one at EEP after that was a cracker. 

31 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Pay less in wages? Dunfermline were able to post a profit at this level. Considering the moral high ground Raith fans like to take with regards to finances I'm surprised they're being so blasé about their financial results. 

Aye well hopefully yous'll keep yer heads above water next season too when the Craw leads you to relegation. 😂

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Pay less in wages? Dunfermline were able to post a profit at this level. 

I'm quite sure if we offered our suppliers, staff and assorted creditors zero pence in the pound, and they accepted, we'd make a profit in this league as well. 

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Pipe down. DSC_0137-360x480.jpeg

Meh. You know just as much as I do what means more champ, you have Raith fans posting a draw from that season due to the great feeling they had. Can you imagine how it must have felt to wrap the championship up at a sold out Fife Derby with a second half comeback? Some don't have too. 

You can have a Scottish Cup fourth round tie xoxo

838664358_image.jpg1_.3818(1).jpg.82c8f5b64f0e380bf33f8a4b94d010f9.jpg

6 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'm quite sure if we offered our suppliers, staff and assorted creditors zero pence in the pound, and they accepted, we'd make a profit in this league as well. 

That makes literally no sense. 

42 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Aye well hopefully yous'll keep yer heads above water next season too when the Craw leads you to relegation. 😂

Doubt that's going to happen tbh. Probably the best chance of a league game Fife Derby sometime soon right enough. 

28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Doubt that's going to happen tbh. Probably the best chance of a league game Fife Derby sometime soon right enough. 

After looking at your financials for 2018 (2019 not yet published), I find it amusing that you see fit to belittle Raith. The first full year out of Administration (2015) you lost a bit over three hundred and thirty thousand pounds...the next year it’s about fifty six thousand quid in the bin, despite your management calling it a profitable year...with promotion to the Championship, your books finally reflect a small profit.

So, the pot calling the kettle black here is missing the simple fact that Raith avoided Administration when conducting their community funding over a decade ago, unlike the Pars. The resultant debt service and load is an obvious factor in profitability, but from a supporter of a club that washed that responsibility away and now crows about profit, I would expect no less than ignoring that fact. Now toodle along, laddie, yer mum’s calling.

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

After looking at your financials for 2018 (2019 not yet published), I find it amusing that you see fit to belittle Raith. 

Do you? 

You won't find a pars fan anywhere who will claim that we're the pinnacle of financial management, however you'll find plenty(well, a wee amount) of Raith fans happy to give plenty of advice about how Dunfermline should be living within there means, how they shouldn't overspend, etc, etc, etc. 

And yet here we are, how much have you lost in the past three years? It's utter head in the sand stuff in this thread, you have people talking about seriously trying to sing Louis Longridge when you're not even sustainable in your current guise! It's fucking mental. Good luck to ya, if it makes your accounts look easier on the eye then certainly cast yours over how shite ours used to be, that certainly didn't end up in a laughing matter. 

If you're lucky we'll toddle along the road and prop you up with the black and white pound when it all goes to shit, we've been there before, we know how to get out. Certainly the first step isn't burying your head in the sand and thinking it's going to be OK. 

I take no notice from fans of a club who were happy to screw over all small businesses and give them virtually nothing when they went into administration. Remember though it was only the chairmans fault and nobody else's. He put them millions of pounds in debt. 

Edited by raith1974
Error

Don't think anyone is burying their head in the sand. It's pretty much universally recognised that the numbers don't make good reading. 
However, it's a good chunk reduced from how it was the year previously. It's a step in the right direction, and doesn't include this season where the club have reduced the playing budget further and incorporated a part time element. 
We were never really in a title race last season, so every home league game from Jan onwards was a nothing game. Whilst Starks Park will never be filled to the rafters, an extra few hundred fans through the gate if the team are going for the title will help. 
I would imagine that going totally part time alone wouldn't make enough of a chunk in the deficit. Its also a far too simplistic view. A totally part time Rovers side would likely be pretty shite, meaning gates would be lower etc. Granted, another season in this league would mean we have to look at additional ways of trimming costs. 
The club are trying to address it. The best and most obvious route to help the situation is by winning promotion which leads to higher gates and greater prize money. The club have tried to maintain a competitive squad whilst reducing the costs, and have released initiatives such as the players fund which has almost £5k per month.
Add to that a new hospitality/sponsorship lounge and a range of Cup anniversary merchandise that sold out very quickly. Nobody at Raith Rovers are sitting on their hands hoping this will go away. The harsh reality is that the club need promotion, and are trying to achieve that in a measured way. 
It's not burying head in sand. Its a complex situation that has no easy answer, but steps are being taken and there at least some small signs its moving in the right direction. 

Excellent post! [emoji122]