The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
48 minutes ago, Scottydog said:
Away and play under a bus.

I wish you wouldn't call folk twats when you're the biggest one! You certainly wouldn't criticise the current board if they made an arse of the Bowie situation you'd be the first to stick your tongue up their arse.

I’ll never be the biggest twat on here as long as you are stealing oxygen.

I do worry a bit about Gullan given that Hibs wouldn't let us play him in the Scottish Cup. 

I think Ross might recall him to have a look at him in January and if we do get him back it might not be till the end of the month.  Similar to the Zanatta loan situation a couple of years ago. 

2 hours ago, RaithTheRover said:

John Baird and Jamie Gullan depart.

Was talking about my football manager save. Wrong thread emoji85.png

And folk wonder why a wee rumour at the Bevvy Park is a full blown fact at the fit o' Pratt Street!

Gullan may well be recalled. Bairdy likely to be around I would think until his visa, papers etc for Oz are all in order. How long is a piece of string on that one?

Edited by embow

10 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

No slight on the guy but Gullan isnt going to get a game at Hibs

Rovers fans - possibly you - made similar predictions about the likes of Barry McKay and Jordan Thompson. 

Rovers fans aren’t good at predictions.

I think Scottydog has been playing football manager too if he thinks that Bowie will be going to Spurs etc.
To be fair to scottydog Spurs and a host of other clubs have had Bowie watched but one thing is certain Livi for 1 wont have the money and 2 Bowie will have his pick of clubs if his development continues the way it has. Dylan Tait also is looking a real prospect aswell if he gets more games

14 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Rovers fans - possibly you - made similar predictions about the likes of Barry McKay and Jordan Thompson. 

Rovers fans aren’t good at predictions.

Dario Zanatta if your going to be selective

I predict you wont be at the game on Saturday,too cold,childrens party,anniversary

Sticking with the Rangers/Sevco theme. Bates was another one. Not good enough for a regular game with Rovers, then away to Sevco, and becoming a Scottish international player. I feel some Rovers fans are not the best judges of a players capabilities.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

No, but Hibs might decide that spending the second half of the season on loan at a championship club is better for his development.

He's signed for Hibs and on loan to us, isn't that the two clubs per season quota reached?

38 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Not necessarily. I think the rule only applies where competitive games have been played. If he's not featured for Hibs in the league or cups then he could go to another team on loan.

He played for Hibs U20's v Elgin City in the Challenge Cup.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=104925

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

No, but Hibs might decide that spending the second half of the season on loan at a championship club is better for his development.

I too thought similar things about Mendy moving up to a League Two side, but it appears that isn’t allowable within the same season. Happy to be corrected, if it is.

16 hours ago, RaithTheRover said:

What’s a bowie

A knife.

Just here to speak about the fact that Jamie Watson has been thrown into the team from playing bare minimum before hand and had been in my eyes a stand out performer. Regardless of the few mistakes which are inevitable with a young player who hasn’t played much football I think he has been fantastic considering the circumstances