Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anderson has had about two decent games but has been shite since we played Clyde. Put a tricky striker against him and he can’t cope.

As for Nisbet, good luck to him. Didn’t think he would have done as well as he has in the championship. Had he still been with us, we probably wouldn’t have seen Bowie develop as well as he has. Ziggy will go on to have a far better career than Nesbit will.

On 04/12/2019 at 08:33, Scary Bear said:

I wonder if Kevin Nisbet reads these forums and silently fumes that people can’t even get his surname right.

Ramsbottom would perhaps irk him somewhat.

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Anderson has had about two decent games but has been shite since we played Clyde. Put a tricky striker against him and he can’t cope.

As for Nisbet, good luck to him. Didn’t think he would have done as well as he has in the championship. Had he still been with us, we probably wouldn’t have seen Bowie develop as well as he has. Ziggy will go on to have a far better career than Nesbit will.

Disagree on SAndo, agree heartily on Bowie. SAndo has injected a level of stiffness to our back line that was missing before. Davo is less vocal, and overall a wee bit more controlled. McKay is clearly benefiting , as it seems are the others, from SAndo’s professionalism. He’s certainly pushed on skill and pace by some attackers in League One, as would be expected with an aging player, but offers the team so much more than that.

If you ever get out of league one we'll see how you get on against the big boys.

Until we meet again...…….. 

If you ever get out of league one we'll see how you get on against the big boys.
Until we meet again...…….. 

Just 11 months ago, we hammered “the big boys” 3-0 with a far, far weaker team than we have now.

Dunfermline on a poor run of form...don’t hear a peep from them.

Dunfermline on a good run of form...they pop in here.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Dunfermline on a poor run of form...don’t hear a peep from them.

Dunfermline on a good run of form...they pop in here.

Last time I looked they were a massive 3 points clear off seventh place and a whopping 8 off the play-off place, give it a fortnight 😉.

Retro tops available for collection but nothing about being able to be collected on Saturday :/

Retro tops available for collection but nothing about being able to be collected on Saturday :/

They’ll be hoping as many people as possible collect before Saturday as the staff have other things to be doing on matchday.

Just hoping to ease the queues/workload I’m sure.

15 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Much more solid at the back, we've already kept more clean sheets than we did the whole of last season. 

McDonald is a better left back than Murray and Anderson is a better centre back. We don't miss him. 

Not quite. We've had 4 clean sheets with Anderson have we not? 5 in the whole of last season (though we will assume we will end up with more this season). 

Season before we had 14 clean sheets and I'm not gonna admit we'll reach that figure this season. 

You're right - Mcdonald is a better left back but that wasn't my point. 

We are 4 goals better off in the conceded column than last season after 15 games but 4 goals worse off than the season before so to me that shows we're no better at this stage than the median over the seasons with Murray in defence. 

Murray scored 7 league goals over last 2 seasons - not too bad. 

Edited by pantene proV

On 04/12/2019 at 00:04, Grant228 said:

If he leaves in January we'll get a decent wedge for him, Shankland last January showed that teams aren't willing to spend big bucks on a championship striker though. 

I'd imagine if we don't get promoted he'll move on up, if that happens he'll have given us a good season so no complaints, we'll just pick up whatever striker is banging them in down the road, easy. 

Bowie hates the pars so gl with that.

Michael Miller and Regan Hendry still not ready for another few weeks. Steven Anderson is also out for a few weeks.

I am fucking fed up of injuries.

On 04/12/2019 at 12:23, Grant228 said:

I don't think you had an option, you can't put sell on fee's for players that are effectively free to move on. Realistically it was good business by Raith to pick him up last season, don't think anyone saw his upturn coming. Apart from Barry Smith apparently. 

It's a shame we've not been able to see the best of Murray, picked up a nasty head injury. 

No, probably not. So we'd be talking a fee in the region of £30k which I suppose isn't bad for an out of contract League 1 striker. At least we've got the cash in our account...

If he keeps banging them in it might prove a shrewd investment by you lot too. 

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:

But he wasn't out of contract was he?

No was contracted until 2020  he had a clause that allowed him to talk to clubs if we failed to be promoted.  

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

But he wasn't out of contract was he?

Pretty sure he was going to be out of contract but signed a new deal., however that deal had the clause about not being promoted. Rovers were on a lose lose scenario really., unless of course we had got promoted

We've been nowhere near our best and decimated with injuries, yet find ourselves top in December. 

Fair play to Mcglynn and the side. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

And that retro top is just an absolute fucking belter. Fair play Rovers. 

I'm getting mine delivered, take it I won't be disappointed?

Next week is an interesting one, Falkirk despite ditching the snake oil salesman they are still a mess, its must win for them. We are absolutely fucked with injuries, suspensions and playing shite yet have some kind of witchcraft behind us meaning we are unbeaten.

It's a massive game for Falkirk.

I'm getting mine delivered, take it I won't be disappointed?
Next week is an interesting one, Falkirk despite ditching the snake oil salesman they are still a mess, its must win for them. We are absolutely fucked with injuries, suspensions and playing shite yet have some kind of witchcraft behind us meaning we are unbeaten.
It's a massive game for Falkirk.
They're very well done. Picked mine up through the week.