The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Probably Albertsons, not many Tesco stores over his way.

Kroger, laddie, Kroger.

And the plan is typical male shopping...in for two or three items, surgical strike to acquire them and get out...really annoys the old lady because she want to browse. 

4 hours ago, Michael W said:

Watson plays unless we keep McKay (a CB) out at RB and play someone out of position alongside Bene. Doing so does not make sense  and the only real option is to go with the back four that finished yesterday. 

I worry Falkirk will spend the entire match going down our right, but we'll just have to deal with that since we have been left short. 

The good news there is Falkirk’s left side is their perceived weakness. Dixon is a bit questionable versus an attacking threat with some skills, and is their only true left back. If they have him at LB, then GAndo could really enjoy his day at work.

15 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Why was davo clapped off the pitch and then subsequently voted motm when he has yet again let the club down? The guy was having a good game and again let's everyone down with a rash tackle outwith a danger area.

My thought was that the app allows you to choose your MotM quite early and Davo was deservedly winning until he started doing kung-fu. 

Why was davo clapped off the pitch and then subsequently voted motm when he has yet again let the club down? The guy was having a good game and again let's everyone down with a rash tackle outwith a danger area.

There was a lot of sarcastic clapping towards him from the main stand. Davo gave a few verbals back. He clearly cares a lot, he's just not very bright.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

Yeah,dont get this clapping a player whos just been sent off

Strangely enough you dont mention how Matthews has let the club down also with a stupid tackle and subsequent  red albeit late in the game putting him out of a big game against Falkirk next week

Davo was meriting MOTM pre red card but  if davidson has stayed on the pitch theres a select few who would have found something in his game to bash him with

Edited by Rovers_Lad

There was a lot of sarcastic clapping towards him from the main stand. Davo gave a few verbals back. He clearly cares a lot, he's just not very bright.

Assume this too, Davo was having a great game until his moment and I think many had already voted for him.
Fair enough, from where I was sat I seen a fair few applauding him in a way that didn't appear sarcastic. He was having a great game up until that point and had he continued to I wouldn't have questioned it one bit. Iv bashed him a fair bit in the past but I do see what he offers and if it wasn't for his recklessness etc I wouldn't give a f**k that he's a bit of a bell end.

Yeah,dont get this clapping a player whos just been sent off

Strangely enough you dont mention how Matthews has let the club down also with a stupid tackle and subsequent  red albeit late in the game putting him out of a big game against Falkirk next week
Davo was meriting MOTM pre red card but  if davidson has stayed on the pitch theres a select few who would have found something in his game to bash him with
Had my previous effort typed and ready to send without sending before I seen this... Apologies.

I don't see as much wrong with Matthews getting sent off for a committed tackle on a wet pitch as I do davo going in at waste height. In saying that, the fact it was a wet pitch it was a silly tackle to make (davo actually made a similar one early on in the box) and he has let the club down.

Davo is an experienced player who knows he shouldn't be going in like that. I'm not having a pop at him due to not liking the guy. It's because he should know as a senior player he can't be doing that against the team top of the league when we have Falkirk the following week.

I don't know why people seem to think there is some kind of witch hunt against Davidson. He can be an excellent player when he keeps his composure, however he is always prone to some kind of madness. 

Even in the past two and a bit months, he has given away a clanger of a goal against Forfar, got sent off for dissent against Peterhead and had that dreadful challenge yesterday.  

He is a very capable player when he screws his head on. However, you can complie a pretty sizeable list from his two spells at the club that shows he doesn't do that anywhere near enough. 

He is exceptionally lucky to still be at this club. 

I don't know why people seem to think there is some kind of witch hunt against Davidson. He can be an excellent player when he keeps his composure, however he is always prone to some kind of madness. 
Even in the past two and a bit months, he has given away a clanger of a goal against Forfar, got sent off for dissent against Peterhead and had that dreadful challenge yesterday.  
He is a very capable player when he screws his head on. However, you can complie a pretty sizeable list from his two spells at the club that shows he doesn't do that anywhere near enough. 

Thank you. You've put it far more eloquently than I could and should have.

38 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

don't know why people seem to think there is some kind of witch hunt against Davidson.

He can be an excellent player when he keeps his composure, however he is always prone to some kind of madness. 

Because some will pick out the slightest mistake he makes when hes played particularly well whilst others players seem to be exempt from criticism.Davidson is a kinda marmite player where supporters are concerned

As for the dreadful challenge,bit melodramatic

On another note,those fuckers who booed when Allen came on need to stay away from Starks

Edited by Rovers_Lad

21 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Because some will pick out the slightest mistake he makes when hes played particularly well whilst others players seem to be exempt from criticism.Davidson is a kinda marmite player where supporters are concerned

As for the dreadful challenge,bit melodramatic

On another note,those fuckers who booed when Allen came on need to stay away from Starks

It's not really the little things that let Davidson down though, in my opinion. He's largely a very capable player at this level. He was absolutely strolling through the game yesterday and has done through several games this season. 

He will have missed 4/5 games in November and December due to suspension. For a squad our size with the injury problems we have had, that really isn't good enough. 

I think there's a difference between someone being a marmite player and him continually letting the club down by being stupid on the pitch and mouthing off at fans when he gets sent off etc. The guy does have some ability but it's doing all that, that let's him down.

Spot in with what you said about Allan. I think he's fucking torture, having originally stuck up for him but anyone booing a player on or off the pitch needs to get a grip!

The biggest problem with Allan seems to be misuse. The manager seems to place him as a scoring threat or target  player, where to my eye he seems more made for possession, movement and opportunity. The fact he’s listed as a CF doesn’t mean that’s his best use, because his shooting is bloody awful...but he can possess and hold the ball and help move it around fine in the play I’ve seen. Surely we can use him better wide, or a little deeper, than as a target in the box, because it seems clear that Bowie, Baird or likely Smith fill the target player role better. Sometimes it’s nice to have a relatively bigger body up front to muscle through and deliver the pass or cross.

The biggest problem with Allan seems to be misuse. The manager seems to place him as a scoring threat or target  player, where to my eye he seems more made for possession, movement and opportunity. The fact he’s listed as a CF doesn’t mean that’s his best use, because his shooting is bloody awful...but he can possess and hold the ball and help move it around fine in the play I’ve seen. Surely we can use him better wide, or a little deeper, than as a target in the box, because it seems clear that Bowie, Baird or likely Smith fill the target player role better. Sometimes it’s nice to have a relatively bigger body up front to muscle through and deliver the pass or cross.

I think Tait could be used there effectively.

1 hour ago, RaithTheRover said:

I think Tait could be used there effectively.

Preaching to the choir there, mate...as other posters will note. But Allan has more game experience, and Falkirk may not be the place to toss Tait into the grinder.

Preaching to the choir there, mate...as other posters will note. But Allan has more game experience, and Falkirk may not be the place to toss Tait into the grinder.

I was having a laugh.
Tait isn’t ready to be thrown in. Armstrong should* be available Saturday, and given Falkirk in the league was the only time he showed up for us, I’d be willing to throw him in.