The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Hamilton managed to give the thick end of £1M to a Nigerian Prince and Falkirk as a club have imploded financially in recent years, is this the pattern you are seeking?

No in terms of transfer fees they have done very well. Young players going down south for big money. We have failed in this for years now we have an asset we must get the best deal possible.

22 minutes ago, pub car king said:

It's only going to be small and xxxl left isn't it😥

Since the skinny b*****ds arranging this only picked up to XXL, I doubt it. I had heard 10AM before, so now it’s 12:30PM? Much better for me to get a chance!

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Just watched that video about the 27/11 brunch and noticed they had video footage of Mickey Cameron's hattrick against Kilmarnock. First time I've seen the goals since the actual match.

Cheers for the heads up. Funny, I only remembered the overhead kick but the other goals were special too.

One thing, Ally Graham got a LOT of stick from our fans back in the day but what a target man he was. When you look back at the clips from that era, you realise that he created some amount of goals with his flick ons; and space by holding the ball up for players like Mickey or Danny to run onto.

Edited by pantene proV

Too many of us at the time just thought Graham was a poor replacement for Brewster and as such he was unfairly judged, he was a different type of player. Brewster was a real class act, really special.....what you might call a special brew.......I'll get my coat.

Yeah, there was so much flair and class in that side that a player like Ally Graham was always going to stand out for the wrong reasons. You tend not to appreciate a player that does the ugly side!

As an aside, the song that was sung about him when he left for Falkirk and they got relegated was genius! To the tune of Don’t look back in anger by Oasis...

Sooooo Ally can’t wait, he knows it’s too late cause they’re going on down...

I’m so glad to say, and don’t come back you w****r, I heard you say!