The New Raith Rovers Thread

43 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Where are you coming up with this valuation? Was Shankland even valued at this when other clubs were interested in him whilst playing for Ayr?

Shankland went to Dundee Utd, Callachan to Hearts neither for a fortune as far as I know, had they gone to say eg Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wed or Luton Town they'd have gone for a sight more. As things stand there's a rake of English league scouts attending Bowies every game, that is to say it is not out with possibility that he will stay in Scotland but if English clubs are offering better deals I'd doubt it. As far as I know no club has made any offer known as far but I very very much doubt the board will take the 1st packet of shiny baubles on offer.  £200k is speculative on my part but I'll be very surprised if he goes for less when it does happen.

That’s a kick in the teeth, no doubt about it. Possibly the very worst draw, Alloa away might’ve edged it but we’d be more likely to beat Alloa.

We’ll take 500 or so probably and Livi might just have about the same. You never know, we might win, but I find it very unlikely.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

The game is in January so probably still a bit to cold for you, unless you ask Santa for a Rovers scarf and hat.

I never thought of that. Obviously my attendance will be weather dependent, and on the basis that it doesn’t clash with any birthday parties, or other family/friend events.

8 minutes ago, Paco said:

That’s a kick in the teeth, no doubt about it. Possibly the very worst draw, Alloa away might’ve edged it but we’d be more likely to beat Alloa.

We’ll take 500 or so probably and Livi might just have about the same. You never know, we might win, but I find it very unlikely.

Alloa *shudder* now there’s a worse draw. Even more pitiful support than Livi and a much shitter ground.