The New Raith Rovers Thread

Had almost forgotten all about Victoria. Although he’s not been great, it’s good to have another body available!

He’s hardly had a chance. I was fairly excited about him when he signed and thought at the time he’d be a big player for us. I don’t think he’s looked bad when he has played either. Let’s hope he can kick on make a worthy contribution.

Lewis Allan not far away either

We have definitely missed him. I was a bit critical of him before his injury but I think we have struggled for a bit of physical presence without him in the side. It’ll be really interesting to pick a front line once we have Armstrong, Anderson, Gullan, Victoria, Bowie, Baird, Allan and Smith available!

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Joao is a great slot in to bring a attacker with immense pace on against a tired team, in my opinion. Spencer misses Forfar, we’ll see how much that impacts our home form. Any word yet on Miller and MacDonald?

Why ? I got the impression he loves it here. 😉

Joao is a great slot in to bring a attacker with immense pace on against a tired team, in my opinion. Spencer misses Forfar, we’ll see how much that impacts our home form. Any word yet on Miller and MacDonald?
Wit. Every interview he's said he's happy at Rovers and is enjoying playing under McGlynn and Smith.

McDonald should be back for next week according to the man himself on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

McDonald should be back for next week according to the man himself on Twitter.

That’s great news. Think he’s been one of our more underrated players this season. I was also fully expecting him and Miller to be announced as out for 6-8 weeks given Allan, Victoria and Hendry are close to returning.

Crazy to think McGlynn has been back for over a year now and I don’t think he has ever had a fully fit squad to choose from. Obviously Vaughan is out long term so that isn’t going to change but everything crossed we could be in the situation in a few weeks where some decent players don’t even make the bench.

3 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Victoria's close control and trickery around the penalty area gives us another option, especially later in the game.

Yea, I think that’s why JMcG used him heavily as a 70th minute replacement at the beginning of this year. He must be a nightmare for a tired defense.

And for those misunderstanding my comment, Joao is the player that fills the quick attacker slot late in a game...jezzzzz.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There must be at least an outside chance of Hendry being back for the Forfar game to take Spencer's place in the side.

Given he didn’t even start rehab until late last week, at the earliest, and that three to four weeks is the minimum normal return period...plus I would expect extreme care to be taken with his return...Montrose seems more likely, but the pitch at Links Park is over four years old, so there might be a bit of reluctance to that too.

It would be best to have him play before the Airdrie/Falkirk pair of games thou.

Given he didn’t even start rehab until late last week, at the earliest, and that three to four weeks is the minimum normal return period...plus I would expect extreme care to be taken with his return...Montrose seems more likely, but the pitch at Links Park is over four years old, so there might be a bit of reluctance to that too.
It would be best to have him play before the Airdrie/Falkirk pair of games thou.
McGlynn mentioned he was probably just 2 weeks away, which was why I thought the Forfar match.

I agree that if there's any doubt we hold him back until he's 100% ready.