Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Medical bills must be astronomical. Have to wonder if the club will try and offer Vaughan a new deal after all this.

Potential of a deal to bring Callachan back in on loan.

McGlynn, Smith, Steven Anderson and Tom Morgan all at the St Johnstone v Hearts game on Wednesday night. Callachan not really seeing any game time and can't go out on loan to anyone in the Championship or above because of the transfer window regulations.

Would certainly be a great help in the midfield!

Medical bills must be astronomical. Have to wonder if the club will try and offer Vaughan a new deal after all this.

Depends how the recovery goes you’d imagine. Sounds like he might be back around next Christmas, if he sees the season out without major injury it would be lunacy to let a fit Vaughan wander off to sign for someone else.

A long way off and speculative at this stage though. Vaughan himself must be absolutely devastated - as must Hendry.

Crippling blows for the club. No doubt about it.

4 minutes ago, piebob said:

McGlynn, Smith, Steven Anderson and Tom Morgan all at the St Johnstone v Hearts game on Wednesday night. Callachan not really seeing any game time and can't go out on loan to anyone in the Championship or above because of the transfer window regulations.

This would significantly soften the blow of losing Hendry. I'd fucking love Ross back.

McGlynn confirming in his pre-match interview that it's a grade 2 or 3 ligament tear for Hendry and they're waiting for further information to see if he needs an operation or just rehab - either way he's out for months. 
Worse for Vaughan, which is that he's met the consultant and needs two operations. Basically repairs on the first then 3 further months before a second operation. Might keep him out all of next season. 

Dreadful news- two class players- so unfair. Genuinely as an opposing fan- hate to see this to really good players who give a 100% and are respected by their opponents and fans.

Surely Vaughan will be given a new contract and Regan left Celtic and could of signed for championship teams but went one step backwards to go 2 steps forward...

Would imagine Steven Anderson being there would be something to do with only being able to have 1 over 21 player on loan. Perhaps organising to have him released so we can take RC on loan?

The window for loans doesn't open again until January. Only an emergency loan for a keeper is allowed just now.

18 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

The window for loans doesn't open again until January. Only an emergency loan for a keeper is allowed just now.

We'll sign Callachan as a goalkeper but play him in midfield. A reverse Ryan Stevenson, if you will. 

Would imagine Steven Anderson being there would be something to do with only being able to have 1 over 21 player on loan. Perhaps organising to have him released so we can take RC on loan?

I can't see anything about that in the rules. The only limitations I can see are:

- No more than one player from another club in the same division
- No more than two players from another club in a different division
- No more than four loans, in total, at any one time

Was the over 21 player rule abolished?

Seem to remember a few years ago we fell foul of this. Can't remember who it was but we tried to sign someone and were rebuffed because we already had an over 21 on loan. 

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Was the over 21 player rule abolished?

Seem to remember a few years ago we fell foul of this. Can't remember who it was but we tried to sign someone and were rebuffed because we already had an over 21 on loan. 

Think that was when Gary Locke inexplicably signed Aaron Lennox on loan for the season.  Thereby using up our over age loan signing on a sub goalkeeper...

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Think that was when Gary Locke inexplicably signed Aaron Lennox on loan for the season.  Thereby using up our over age loan signing on a sub goalkeper...

That's the one. And he got fucking injured. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

That's the one. And he got fucking injured. 

Yeah. I think it might have been John Sutton we tried to sign in January but couldn't. 

I think I speak for many here when I say we just can’t come to terms with the news about Vaughan. Boys had no luck and for such a talented player has stopped much bigger things. So hard to take in. I do hope we do offer him another contract but I could see us having seen the last of Vaughan as a player.