The New Raith Rovers Thread

That news about Vaughan is sickening. Cairds on the table, I cannot stand John McGlynn, but you can tell he and the players must be a close knit bunch given how hard he seems to be taking it and what he says in the interview. You never know that might be the kind of thing that gets you lot over the line.

4 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

That news about Vaughan is sickening. Cairds on the table, I cannot stand John McGlynn, but you can tell he and the players must be a close knit bunch given how hard he seems to be taking it and what he says in the interview. You never know that might be the kind of thing that gets you lot over the line.

Out of curiosity, why is McGlynn so disliked from other clubs fans? Granted I'm biased, but he never struck me as being particularly controversial or anything. Bit of an arse sometimes, but many managers are. 

Out of curiosity, why is McGlynn so disliked from other clubs fans? Granted I'm biased, but he never struck me as being particularly controversial or anything. Bit of an arse sometimes, but many managers are. 
I'm incredibly biased as well, naturally there's an anti-Raith aspect but I've always felt he comes across as an arse particularly in interviews. When he's not delivering nippy sweeties to the interviewer, he's describing a different game than I've watched to make it seem better on his own team. Now loads of managers do this, but I'm also not a fan of his touchline behaviour also, he's perpetually moaning and giving the 4th official pelters. Most of the time I've seen him is against us, so perhaps my foaming at the mouth rage after ten pints before the match is a bit OTT but there you have it.

I'm incredibly biased as well, naturally there's an anti-Raith aspect but I've always felt he comes across as an arse particularly in interviews. When he's not delivering nippy sweeties to the interviewer, he's describing a different game than I've watched to make it seem better on his own team. Now loads of managers do this, but I'm also not a fan of his touchline behaviour also, he's perpetually moaning and giving the 4th official pelters. Most of the time I've seen him is against us, so perhaps my foaming at the mouth rage after ten pints before the match is a bit OTT but there you have it.

Your ten pints must make you imagine things because there has never been a fourth official at a Raith-East Fife match, either with John McGlynn as manager or not.

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:
10 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I've never tried drugs but if your seeing a 4th official at our games then can you give me the contact for your supplier.

Must be great stuff your on 

Edited by Dunnikier
Missed out word

4 hours ago, Big Fifer said:
12 hours ago, CALDERON said:

The only time I've seen him when he was nippy with the interviewer was after Stranraer when he was out of order with Davie and he admitted he was wrong on that one.

You saw him 1st hand on a bad day when he was bang out of order last season when he was sent to the send at Naeview last season, he let things get the better of him (admittedly the ref didn't help) and I blame him for the loss of that game.

Post match interviews he's usually more right than wrong, he isn't guilty of blowing smoke, if an opposing side has been the better one he usually says so unlike guys like Ian McCall and Ray McKinnon. He's not perfect far from it but I'm glad he's here.

I wouldn't say McGlynn is the overly emotional type, he is just very football orientated (I think he eats sleeps and drinks the game), he's dedicated to his players and to our club perhaps it's him having that loyalty that rubs you the wrong way? I'll bet that's it, is it the fact that he wants to stay and take the Rovers as high as he can (he wants to see us back in the Premier league) unlike some other teams managers who are happy to roam the country for interviews at the drop of a hat?

8 hours ago, Big Fifer said:
16 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Fair enough. Much of this is, in my opinion, pretty standard feelings for an opposing coach, though some is more reserved for that of a rivals coach. We amplify the annoyances and normal behaviors that we love in our own coaches, and listening to an opposing coach after a game we are either annoyed at the loss, or enraged that the opposing coach doesn’t recognize the inherent superiority of our team and play as he blames things for his loss. “Our” coach is “fighting for the team” and “keeping the officials honest”, the opposing coach is “whining” or “trying to get a call”. JMcG has spent enough time at Raith Rovers to have built up some status as a disliked opponent with East Fife, it’s always easier to hate the known quantity against you.

If, for instance, Darren and John succeed this year and both Raith and EF got promoted, I would expect Raith fans to start to see more to dislike about Mr. Young, especially if they remain in the roles, and stay in the same League for a while.

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Lewis Vaughan’s just posted a photo of him and Ross Callachan against Cowdenbeath from 2015 on Instagram. Welcome back to the Rovers, Ross.

Is Callachan out of favour at St Johnstone?

9 hours ago, Paco said:

Your ten pints must make you imagine things because there has never been a fourth official at a Raith-East Fife match, either with John McGlynn as manager or not.

Ref, nearest linesman, all the same after 10 questionable Tennents down Leven high street really.

Callachan would be a fantastic signing but I don’t really see how it’s possible until January. The loan window is closed till January and I’m pretty sure you have to be a free agent before the transfer window shuts in order to sign and be registered with another team before January. Not sure if signing as an amateur may be a work around?

Hopefully there is a way, we badly need someone of his quality to replace Hendry.

Callachan would be a fantastic signing but I don’t really see how it’s possible until January. The loan window is closed till January and I’m pretty sure you have to be a free agent before the transfer window shuts in order to sign and be registered with another team before January. Not sure if signing as an amateur may be a work around?
Hopefully there is a way, we badly need someone of his quality to replace Hendry.
Can't imagine St Johnstone would just tear up his contract so he could sign for us on amateur terms. Any signing we make before January will have to be a free agent and where does the money come from to sign anyone?

I've a lot of respect for the gaffer. He took a hefty pay cut from his scouting job at celtic to come back. There were a lot of all expenses paid trips abroad to scout as well, something that will never happen to him at the rovers [emoji23].