The New Raith Rovers Thread

We've a history as long as the Forth Bridge of letting good players go on the cheap - Micky Cameron, the trio to Millwall, , the other trio to Livingston which included Big Marv, Nacho Novo to Dundee -  nearly all were sold on later for big money. I'm sure there are others.
The trio to Millwall was not exactly cheap. Ffs.

27 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
On 18/10/2019 at 15:32, Raith_Raver said:
We've a history as long as the Forth Bridge of letting good players go on the cheap - Micky Cameron, the trio to Millwall, , the other trio to Livingston which included Big Marv, Nacho Novo to Dundee -  nearly all were sold on later for big money. I'm sure there are others.

The trio to Millwall was not exactly cheap. Ffs.

Cheap? We got F*** ALL for them.

If Hendry is out for any length of time it really is play-offs at best for us. With the greatest will in the world we have three players who are notably above this level in S. Anderson, Hendry and Vaughan and without two of them we’ll struggle.

Really feel for McGlynn. He’s put together a really good squad and is constantly battling a large injury list. Should be remembered regardless of how this season pans out.

The one single Ray of light is with Anderson we can hopefully keep a back four that leeks few goals, hoping the flair players we have can pinch it at the other end.

Not watched the interview, but if Spencer is badly injured why leave him on the pitch for the last 20 minutes?

It was the same with Grant Anderson in the cup match.

There's no doubt we've been unlucky but there's got to be more to it than just luck. 

Something can't be right. 

Have to say in all seriousness that I was impressed at the depth of the Rovers squad today. These injuries are horrendous, spoke to Vaughan & Hendry both the game, really nice guys. Don’t wish serious injuries on anyone

10 minutes ago, JAR said:

Thanks again to those who contributed to "Pie for a Player". With our injuries, some extra cash will be useful. Shame on those who wouldn't spare a £1 or £2 each time.

I've attended every game this has been available and have seen no visible selling of the offer at all. I assume you had to actually go to the pie stall to buy it?

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not watched the interview, but if Spencer is badly injured why leave him on the pitch for the last 20 minutes?

It was the same with Grant Anderson in the cup match.

There's no doubt we've been unlucky but there's got to be more to it than just luck. 

Something can't be right. 

By the same token, the player knows his body pretty well, and the physio judged it wasn’t significant or dangerous to continue.

33 minutes ago, JAR said:

Thanks again to those who contributed to "Pie for a Player". With our injuries, some extra cash will be useful. Shame on those who wouldn't spare a £1 or £2 each time.

Spare a £1 or £2?   Was it not £10 a ticket?