The New Raith Rovers Thread

Top bantz

Eh? Are you saying he’s not?

Our luck with injuries doesn’t seem to have any end in sight. What’s most galling is that almost all of our recent injuries have happened in a game setting as opposed to training. Robbie Thomson snapped his Achilles’ tendon with no one near him, Munro injured his shoulder in the game with Airdrie, Grant Anderson has done his shoulder/collarbone after a tackle when the whistle had been blown about 10 seconds previous, Matthews got brained by Grant Anderson v East Fife, Lewis Allan hurt just hamstring in the game v Glenavon, Vaughan hurt his knee v Forfar on that terrible pitch.

Easy for folk from the outside looking in to say, “need to look at your training methods” but, honestly, that is fucking rotten luck and nothing else.

Eh? Are you saying he’s not?

Our luck with injuries doesn’t seem to have any end in sight. What’s most galling is that almost all of our recent injuries have happened in a game setting as opposed to training. Robbie Thomson snapped his Achilles’ tendon with no one near him, Munro injured his shoulder in the game with Airdrie, Grant Anderson has done his shoulder/collarbone after a tackle when the whistle had been blown about 10 seconds previous, Matthews got brained by Grant Anderson v East Fife, Lewis Allan hurt just hamstring in the game v Glenavon, Vaughan hurt his knee v Forfar on that terrible pitch.

Easy for folk from the outside looking in to say, “need to look at your training methods” but, honestly, that is fucking rotten luck and nothing else.

Making exactly the same point on today’s game thread and folk are disputing it. Incredible really.

9 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

We’ll just have to batten down the hatches and park the bus. But wait we have tweedledee and tweedledum in defence. Expect a horror show

Which is why I don't understand the 4-3-3. This crys for a 5-3-2, 5-2-1-2 or 4-1-3-2...says the world about either how health McKay is on the bench or how JMcG vies him and also a nasty look at what they think Watson is worth.

There is an underlying problem somewhere. Whether that's training or something else, something is amiss because this cannot all be down to bad luck. 

Our injury problems transcend managers as well so it's not something you can pin on McGlynn. 

Hendrys injury happened yesterday morning at training according to the guys on Raith TV, going for a scan early this week 

Was there anything further to this? ie. type of injury?
I’ve had a mare and canny mind my RaithTV login, so purely going by the twitter updates today.

2 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Was there anything further to this? ie. type of injury?
I’ve had a mare and canny mind my RaithTV login, so purely going by the twitter updates today.

They said they talked to him in the training room (with Vaughan), and he seemed to feel it wasn't too bad...but you just never know.

You should tell them that the next time you pop in. [emoji6] 

It doesn't matter what size it is extended to, I'm not paying a fee to get in to buy a single pint. Open it up to everyone and charge an extra few pence on the drinks to cover any loss in subs. Simple idea that will no doubt be ignored. The club are capable of running the kids club in the North stand. Why not create turnstiles exclusively for the new railway stand and open up the North stand as a large lounge area. Obviously games permitting but with exception of East Fife and falkirk it could remain in place. Nothing a few large sets of garden seating in the concourse for fan's to sit. It's not difficult.