Jump to content
Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, CALDERON said:

It's a shame there isn't a public access bar always in use at Starks to be honest. 

I agree.

Palmerston has the one bar for all supporters.

Is the 200 club still limited to that number or is it open to as many supporters who want to join?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard a few folk having a go at Bowie on Sat, including the guy sitting next to me who seemed absolutely raging at him for some reason. 

The lad is a raw talent, and certainly some player for his age. Add the fact he's a Rovers fan from Templehall, I'm not sure there's any player I'd ever want to succeed more. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Heard a few folk having a go at Bowie on Sat, including the guy sitting next to me who seemed absolutely raging at him for some reason. 

The lad is a raw talent, and certainly some player for his age. Add the fact he's a Rovers fan from Templehall, I'm not sure there's any player I'd ever want to succeed more. 

 

I wasn't at the game, but I heard about this. Utterly daft to be berating a 17 year old who has barely reached 10 games and already has an excellent goals to minutes ratio. There are some absolute prize knobs in our fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dunnikier said:

I agree.

Palmerston has the one bar for all supporters.

Is the 200 club still limited to that number or is it open to as many supporters who want to join?

 

As it is currently, everyone would need to be on someone else's shoulders to get that amount in the club. 

The sooner we can get started on the extension, the better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Heard a few folk having a go at Bowie on Sat, including the guy sitting next to me who seemed absolutely raging at him for some reason. 

The lad is a raw talent, and certainly some player for his age. Add the fact he's a Rovers fan from Templehall, I'm not sure there's any player I'd ever want to succeed more. 

 

Wasnae oor JIm Mac was it? 😂 Bobby Barr's "pal" !!

He was spitting feathers throughout the match, veins sticking out on the back of his neck!! Comedy gold!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

There are some absolute prize knobs in our fans. 

This is undoubtedly true. There were a couple of guys behind me booing Armstrong when he came on against Falkirk.

Edited by R.R.FC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is undoubtedly true. There were a couple of guys behind me booing Armstrong when he came on against Falkirk.
I heard that as well. I trust they declined to celebrate when he banged in the free kick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

It does seem a bit strange that there are the various different clubs with bars rather than the one supporters bar where everyone congregates.

When the club do open a general supporters bar they close it every other week for hospitality. Not ideal.

100% scary a club our size with so many clubs I think is ridiculous, one bar would be great and I know so many people who would love a general public bar where all Rovers fans could chew the fat on anything to do with the Rovers and make additional monies for the Rovers instead of spending cash at local pubs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fairly simple there isn't one are big enough to accommodate everyone, and at SP there never will be.

The 200 club used to be in the hospitality area and I can recall it being jammed in there too once upon a time. The 200 club as it currently stands is bigger numbers wise than any other  (MacMillan club etc) but is limited by space.

 

Simple facts are that Starks Park is an early 20th century ground built to late 19th century plans and designs, not suitable for the modern era but it is what it is so the only thing we can do is  make the best of it.

 

As for Franko's beef, he's just pissed because he was told to bolt when he asked to join the 200 club. 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Scottydog said:

It's fairly simple there isn't one are big enough to accommodate everyone, and at SP there never will be.

The 200 club used to be in the hospitality area and I can recall it being jammed in there too once upon a time. The 200 club as it currently stands is bigger numbers wise than any other  (MacMillan club etc) but is limited by space.

 

Simple facts are that Starks Park is an early 20th century ground built to late 19th century plans and designs, not suitable for the modern era but it is what it is so the only thing we can do is  make the best of it.

 

As for Franko's beef, he's just pissed because he was told to bolt when he asked to join the 200 club. 😉

 

🤣 sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Scottydog said:

It's fairly simple there isn't one are big enough to accommodate everyone, and at SP there never will be.

The 200 club used to be in the hospitality area and I can recall it being jammed in there too once upon a time. The 200 club as it currently stands is bigger numbers wise than any other  (MacMillan club etc) but is limited by space.

 

Simple facts are that Starks Park is an early 20th century ground built to late 19th century plans and designs, not suitable for the modern era but it is what it is so the only thing we can do is  make the best of it.

 

As for Franko's beef, he's just pissed because he was told to bolt when he asked to join the 200 club. 😉

 

Ah, I see obviously not a superfan then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Going to tout that as our new slogan. 

'Run by superfans, for superfans' 

The reality being that the club is full of Rovers supporters old and new doing their bit for the club one way or another. 

 

As a regular of the 200 club on here, I've never been in to the physical 200 club myself but I can't stress how much I support their actions in and about the club. We're lucky to have a good few groups who all try their hardest to help the club as much as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MoanEhRaith said:

Elgin at home in the wafer cup

Would expect to win this one but wouldn't be dissapointed if we lost, this diddy cup only gets interesting if you reach the final.

Edited by keyser_soze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Going to tout that as our new slogan. 

'Run by superfans, for superfans' 

The reality being that the club is full of Rovers supporters old and new doing their bit for the club one way or another. 

 

Filthy cliques!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Would expect to win this one but wouldn't be dissapointed if we lost, this diddy cup only gets interesting if you reach the final.

Nah, we have to go for it now. it’s thr chance of a final, even if it is the diddy cup. Hopefully Clyde manage to knock Inverness out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...