The New Raith Rovers Thread

No it was exactly the way it happened and it was discussed on the thread at the time. On here seeking attention for it too when it has nothing to do with Vaughan how sad.

And for the Raith fans saying we set out to do Vaughan, short memories, was it Benedictus or Davidson that got injured trying to do in Mikey McKenna?

Big bad Arbroath though.. [emoji23]

I’d say you’ve highlighted two different types of scenario here though.

I’m not saying for a second that Arbroath were trying to injure Vaughan that day, but he was on the end of some pretty meaty challenges from a few different players, which suggested it might have been a pre-planned tactic.

Benedictus’ tackle on the other hand was also bleak, but he was attempting a professional foul on the half way line to stop a breakaway and was spur of the moment.

You’re comparing apples and strawberries.

I mean, he's got bags of pace, good technical ability and can probably fit into the Vaughan withdrawn role nicely, but with Sando and Baird, it's not really those 300 odd punters at a tenner a month funding all this, right? Must st least be a few significant backers in there.

Champions League goalscorer Gregory Tade, or *checks notes* failed Ross County Reserve player Daniel Armstrong.

I really like Dan Armstrong, he was excellent for us, but let's not be silly now.

I didn't think either were remotely realistic. I'd now like to restate my position.

I'm delighted that the Rovers have signed a starlet who lifted last season's Championship trophy, rather than a player who *checks notes* was an unused substitute in a penalty shoot-out defeat in the Eighth Round of the 2018 Israeli State Cup.

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I didn't think either were remotely realistic. I'd now like to restate my position.

I'm delighted that the Rovers have signed a starlet who lifted last season's Championship trophy, rather than a player who *checks notes* was an unused substitute in a penalty shoot-out defeat in the Eighth Round of the 2018 Israeli State Cup.

He will offer another dimension to the squad. Much better than tade in my opinion. i would suggest we now have a very good squad bordering on championship strength. this season is looking really good for us now.

1 hour ago, renton said:

I mean, he's got bags of pace, good technical ability and can probably fit into the Vaughan withdrawn role nicely, but with Sando and Baird, it's not really those 300 odd punters at a tenner a month funding all this, right? Must st least be a few significant backers in there.

254 contributors generously donating a total of £4,047 every month into the Fund bank account.

Interesting signing for you guys, I half expected him to return to East End given he was playing as a trialist for us the other day. A few Queen of the South fans were annoyed when it looked like we were getting him as they thought Johnston would try to take him to Palmerston, I can only imagine how raging they'll be now!

16 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

254 contributors generously donating a total of £4,047 every month into the Fund bank account.

Not bad at all. 

Just shy of £50k a year. Worth two decent players a year at this level. 

16 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Not bad at all. 

Just shy of £50k a year. Worth two decent players a year at this level. 

I could see Armstrong being able to play the Vaughan role. Not as well, obviously, but better than anyone else in our squad.
He's got quick feet, can beat a man and is capable of producing something out of nothing. He's also a greedy little sod.
Can't fault the club's commitment to getting out of the league this season.

Interesting signing for you guys, I half expected him to return to East End given he was playing as a trialist for us the other day. A few Queen of the South fans were annoyed when it looked like we were getting him as they thought Johnston would try to take him to Palmerston, I can only imagine how raging they'll be now!

I see your seething about it though. Pleasing.

It's a shame Vaughan got injured, because having a line up involving Him, Armstrong, Baird, Spencer, Hendry and Steven Anderson would be disgustingly good for this level. 

It definitely would be, but I don’t think you would have signed him if Vaughan wasn’t injured, would you???

I could see Armstrong being able to play the Vaughan role. Not as well, obviously, but better than anyone else in our squad.
He's got quick feet, can beat a man and is capable of producing something out of nothing. He's also a greedy little sod.
Can't fault the club's commitment to getting out of the league this season.

Armstrong greedy? Pretty sure he got around 5 assists in the ten or so games he played.