The New Raith Rovers Thread

The fact we turn up at Methil and expect to lose, kind of shows where we are just now.

I gave McGlynn the benefit of the doubt after Stranraer, because it looked like we were the better team for the majority of the game, but not today.

We probably edged the first half, but we were absolutely rudderless for the second period, and thoroughly deserved to lose.

I know we laughed at Dunfermline for finishing seventh in this league, but for a (largely) full time team to get bullied in this league is an absolute shambles.

2 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Yup that’s the mindless posts started....

You better start posting your photos! Serious questions really have to be asked now! Its certainly not mindless its been said plenty times before no other manager would get away with this shocking away record. 

3 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

You better start posting your photos! Serious questions really have to be asked now! Its certainly not mindless its been said plenty times before no other manager would get away with this shocking away record. 

Mindless in the fact that he should be sacked. Not after 5 matches and top of the league. Defence and away record though is tough to digest I agree. 

But what’s the options here realistically? Change the defence, bring in McKay? 

We sack McGlynn? Who could we realisations attract? How would they sort out a defence with no resources? 

The players need to step up to the plate. There’s only so much defensive training you can do, but if the players go out there and just fanny about then not really much John (or any manager could do for that matter) but as we know it’s the manager that gets the bullet. 

Seven goals lost in last two away league games not counting all those lost in the league cup and Mcglynn persists in playing the same defenders every week. Some people might not like this but for me McGurn and Benedictus are well past their sell by date. Davie was going downhill when he left us previously and Bene has not been the same player since the leg break. We can’t continue to require the scoring of three and four goals to win games particularly away from home. One has to question what we do in terms of defensive preparations from a Monday to a Friday as whatever it is it needs changing. With Falkirk’s early season form we’ve had a great chance to build a good lead and have blown that chance at Stranraer and Methil. I await with interest Mcglynns interview tonight.

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

Mindless in the fact that he should be sacked. Not after 5 matches and top of the league. Defence and away record though is tough to digest I agree. 

But what’s the options here realistically? Change the defence, bring in McKay? 

We sack McGlynn? Who could we realisations attract? How would they sort out a defence with no resources? 

The players need to step up to the plate. There’s only so much defensive training you can do, but if the players go out there and just fanny about then not really much John (or any manager could do for that matter) but as we know it’s the manager that gets the bullet. 

The thing is how do you know they are getting the defensive training they require? Back in the day players like Campbell and Andrew's were already accomplished defender's.  Mcglynn has had almost a year to sort things out and we are still struggling. 

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

The thing is how do you know they are getting the defensive training they require? Back in the day players like Campbell and Andrew's were already accomplished defender's.  Mcglynn has had almost a year to sort things out and we are still struggling. 

I’m not sure of the stats but with the amount of first team games both Davo and Benedictus have played both for us and Dundee I’d like to think they were accomplished to a degree. Of course not in the same bracket as Campbell and Big Marv, but still. 

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

I’m not sure of the stats but with the amount of first team games both Davo and Benedictus have played both for us and Dundee I’d like to think they were accomplished to a degree. Of course not in the same bracket as Campbell and Big Marv, but still. 

Well its simply not working and its been said before no other manager would get away with this how much slack can we,afford to give him?

Seven goals lost in last two away league games not counting all those lost in the league cup and Mcglynn persists in playing the same defenders every week. Some people might not like this but for me McGurn and Benedictus are well past their sell by date. Davie was going downhill when he left us previously and Bene has not been the same player since the leg break. We can’t continue to require the scoring of three and four goals to win games particularly away from home. One has to question what we do in terms of defensive preparations from a Monday to a Friday as whatever it is it needs changing. With Falkirk’s early season form we’ve had a great chance to build a good lead and have blown that chance at Stranraer and Methil. I await with interest Mcglynns interview tonight.
McGurn made a good stop near the end but if we had a better defence I would be inclined to give Munro a run. It would probably be unfair to do it now with that shambles in front of him.
He won't do it but we need to give McKay and Davidson a run of games together to see how they get on. It sure as hell can't be any worse.

17 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Well its simply not working and its been said before no other manager would get away with this how much slack can we,afford to give him?

Until the end of the season I would suggest. Still 31 games to play. Play-off is the aim, but not necessarily guaranteed like in previous seasons. I’d like to think we would at the very least finish in one of those spots. If we then weren’t to go up, then I think a new direction would be needed. 

I think that’s pretty fair enough. 

On the defence after taking in that first league game today, I would suggest we drop either Bene or Davo. Not sure I would drop both though. Hard decision for John as Bene is club captain but he would be my choice to be benched. 

3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Until the end of the season I would suggest. Still 31 games to play. Play-off is the aim, but not necessarily guaranteed like in previous seasons. I’d like to think we would at the very least finish in one of those spots. If we then weren’t to go up, then I think a new direction would be needed. 

I think that’s pretty fair enough. 

On the defence after taking in that first league game today, I would suggest we drop either Bene or Davo. Not sure I would drop both though. Hard decision for John as Bene is club captain but he would be my choice to be benched. 

Unfortunately he is stubborn no one could forget the Mcgurn fiasco! Obviously the play offs are the minimum but if the away form continues something has to be done.