Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

If we lose 400k this season our budget should be enough to walk the league. 

Fairly safe to imagine we won’t lose £400k this season.

I'm talking about appointing him when Smith left not now, we will stick with McGlynn as we are beyond skint.

13 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Barry Robson has never managed a team in his life, why is he suddenly the man to get this club promoted ASAP? 

Because I'm sick fed up of the same old faces doing the rounds, McGlynn included. Robson is a coach at Aberdeen, doing well. He has numerous contacts in the game to encourage players to come to the club, loan players from Aberdeen and maybe Celtic  and others. He would come in with fresh ideas and maybe just maybe she how crap our central defence really is. He would come in with no loyalty to any players and you never know may put us in a position to have got us promoted last season. McGlynn failed the only fulltime team in the league with several of his own players brought in from his appointment. He also had several months to improve us and the same mistakes continue to happen. 

28 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm talking about appointing him when Smith left not now, we will stick with McGlynn as we are beyond skint.

Because I'm sick fed up of the same old faces doing the rounds, McGlynn included. Robson is a coach at Aberdeen, doing well. He has numerous contacts in the game to encourage players to come to the club, loan players from Aberdeen and maybe Celtic  and others. He would come in with fresh ideas and maybe just maybe she how crap our central defence really is. He would come in with no loyalty to any players and you never know may put us in a position to have got us promoted last season. McGlynn failed the only fulltime team in the league with several of his own players brought in from his appointment. He also had several months to improve us and the same mistakes continue to happen. 

Are you Robson?

34 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Yer dreaming min. McGlynn is working with a shoestring budget. Raith have a significant deficit to manage so you guys need to be realistic. McGlynn is probably the best you're gonna get for the foreseeable future. 

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

Bring in Mark Campbell as a defensive coach! He did say he would love to get back in some capacity. 

Is he not coaching at Kilbirnie.

doubt he would give up being a fireman at Prestwick Airport for the Rovers

12 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Is he not coaching at Kilbirnie.

doubt he would give up being a fireman at Prestwick Airport for the Rovers

Part time obviously any sort of help in that dept will do.

Forgive me for no doubt being very, very late to the party, but that was Boris Melingui playing as a trialist for you lot at the weekend, wasn't it?

Wondered what had happened to him.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Forgive me for no doubt being very, very late to the party, but that was Boris Melingui playing as a trialist for you lot at the weekend, wasn't it?

Wondered what had happened to him.

45-STR_9053-640x427.jpg

Good to see that the roasters are all in a total meltdown over this McGlynn stuff.

Nobody in here ever had a bad day at work and reacted in a bad way? Towards a colleague, volunteer or whoever?

FWIW, I thought that the question about numbers was stupid, given the comments he made midweek about injuries, so I'm not surprised he got pissed off, especially when he was clearly raging about what had just happened.

6 points from 9, 2nd in the league... move on to next week... McGlynn isn't going anywhere anytime soon and nor should he.

Some of the "lost it" posters need to look in the mirror

2 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

Good to see that the roasters are all in a total meltdown over this McGlynn stuff.

Nobody in here ever had a bad day at work and reacted in a bad way? Towards a colleague, volunteer or whoever?

FWIW, I thought that the question about numbers was stupid, given the comments he made midweek about injuries, so I'm not surprised he got pissed off, especially when he was clearly raging about what had just happened.

6 points from 9, 2nd in the league... move on to next week... McGlynn isn't going anywhere anytime soon and nor should he.

Some of the "lost it" posters need to look in the mirror emoji1787.png

The question about numbers was valid. It was asked if having a trialist meant we were looking to sign someone or not. Fair question. 

We've all had bad days at work, but im guessing most people's work don't post their opinions up on their companies official website. 

Just watched the McGlynn interview after the Stranraer game as I’d read about it being banter viewing. Is he normally such a c**t to the interviewer? 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Where the interview took a turn for the worse was when the interviewer mentioned the “defensive performance” and McGlynn takes this as criticism of the defence. The defensive performance was poor in the last few minutes, but that wasn’t just down to the defence.

Then he cracks at the question about being short on numbers. Just looking at that subs bench shows we don’t have enough players. That’ll become more evident as the season goes on. If there’s no budget for more players then there’s not a lot that can be done.

Better interview would have been “aye, I can count you bald c**t.” Then a square go. Would have got more attention. Should do that for the next away defeat.

18 minutes ago, ShitRaith said:

#Iwillpaythesupportersfundtopayoffbeneanddavo

When is Dembele arriving on loan from Celtic?

I feel that there is a over reaction to the whole interview scenario.  

John did make a tit of himself! However i feel that the emotions got the better of him and the pelters he has been getting have been a bit unfair! We are 3 games in and if you offered us 6 points from the first 3 we probably would have taken it ! I would like to hear  suggestions for his replacement from the people calling for his head 🤔 

Edited by ScottRRFC

The hallmark of previous J McG teams has always been that we have been dogged (some might say turgid) and hard to beat. He needs to get that mindset back into the entire team. He maligned last seasons team for lacking heart, he needs to prove his signings have what's required.

Stranraer's opener was an out and out glorious strike but my word the guy had a fortnight to pick his spot, why wasn't he closed down? Where was the midfield? Why didn't a defender close him down?

The second was awful defending, in particular a certain defender who fell over, didn't get up quickly and in fact was still laying prone when the ball finally hit the net. Once again though the midfield were absent in the run up to it.

The 3rd was all on the witch who was worryingly slow to react but again you have to question the midfields part in the run up to it, where was the drive, commitment and bodies on the line to stop them?

We have 3 good creative midfielders but by **** they need to learn to dig for it too!

Edited by Scottydog

I feel that there is a over reaction to the whole interview scenario.  
John did make a tit of himself! However i feel that the emotions got the better of him and the pelters he has been getting have been a bit unfair! We are 3 games in and if you offered us 6 points from the first 3 we probably would have taken it ! I would like to hear  suggestions for his replacement from the people calling for his head  
I'm not having that. 6 points from 3 games against Forfar, Falkirk and East Fife would be a good return. Not so much from Dumbarton, Clyde and Stranraer.