Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm more than happy with McGlynn in charge but he looks like a man under a bit pressure in his post match interview. Very weird comments and if it's going to come down to asking the interviewer to single out players who he thinks are making mistakes, he'd be better letting Paul Smith do the interviews.

I've just watched Mcglynns interview Mendy should play on Tuesday and unfortunately Victoria is out for 3 to 4 weeks. He got a bit upset when Davie asked about the defense but it's the same mistakes time and time again my 90 gran could have closed down their player for the first goal it certainly wasn't Mcgurns fault.

The fact that we are predominantly full time is the main reason we have a small squad plus starting the season with 3 long term injuries. 

2 minutes ago, kev23 said:

I'm more than happy with McGlynn in charge but he looks like a man under a bit pressure in his post match interview. Very weird comments and if it's going to come down to asking the interviewer to single out players who he thinks are making mistakes, he'd be better letting Paul Smith do the interviews.

I thought it was pretty rude towards Davie as he has every right to ask the question. I doubt it will happen but if I was a director I would be asking the same thing. 

I just saw your post on twitter about it, unacceptable in my opinion. These guys are volunteers and the amount of work they put in probably accounts to that of a second job. McGlynn is in the wrong here and hope he apologises.

Agree he should apologise. I think he's more annoyed at not having the funds to strengthen the team than at the actual question though. Still doesn't give him the right to speak to davie like that.

Agree he should apologise. I think he's more annoyed at not having the funds to strengthen the team than at the actual question though. Still doesn't give him the right to speak to davie like that.

Whatever happened to the outside investors. McKinnon was able garner such deals. Why can’t McGlynn. Does John lack the charisma to get the cash. Any thoughts on this or will I await the usual buzzwords?!?!

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Theres not much more the club can do in terms of funds we have nearly 1k season ticket holders and almost 250 fans are paying into the players fund. He did say he was happy with the squad we have and injuries are inevitable. 

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Whatever happened to the outside investors. McKinnon was able garner such deals. Why can’t McGlynn. Does John lack the charisma to get the cash. Any thoughts on this or will I await the usual buzzwords?!?!

They probably got scared off especially after the Rudi Skacel debacle. If there is to be a snap election I'm sure Gordon Brown will be looking for some publicity 😉

Buzzwords?!?!?!?!?! As Frank says, they've probably been put off after seing it going to waste signing pish like skacel when he was over the hill. I can't really say mckinnon is a man who's ever struck me as having great charisma.

Theres not much more the club can do in terms of funds we have nearly 1k season ticket holders and almost 250 fans are paying into the players fund. He did say he was happy with the squad we have and injuries are inevitable. 

I agree, we are where we are in terms of debt and looking to reduce this while attempting to gain promotion. He probably said that to attempt to put confidence into the players he does have rather than him really being happy with the size of squad.

That's a brutal interview from McGlynn. I'm probably what you'd term a fanboy for McGlynn but he's well out of line with those responses to Davie.  We had a solid start with two wins but the fans (and RaithTV) are absolutely right to ask questions of our defence. 

17 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Rudi. Skacel. 

Mcglynns interview is absolutely awful. Dreadful stuff from him towards someone who travels up and down the country to give the fans some content like that. 

As much of a fan as I am, he comes across as wn absolute fool there. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Mcglynns interview is absolutely awful. Dreadful stuff from him towards someone who travels up and down the country to give the fans some content like that. 

As much of a fan as I am, he comes across as wn absolute fool there. 

It's certainly soured my opinion of him. I can't speak for Davie (or any of the other members of RaithTV), but if I was travelling up and down Scotland on my own coin for a good number of years, volunteering time to set up equipment and then waiting after games to do interviews, only to get responses like that I'd be saying "f**k that for a laugh". 

Fair enough, you've seen your team lose from a winning position, your board are running on the strictest possible budget and you're just out the dressing room but there's no need to have a go at someone who's doing something for the benefit of the club on their own back.  

His responses benefit nobody at the club. It makes McGlynn look like a c**t, it deters volunteers and it leaves fans raising questions. 

I'm wondering with Mcglynn sitting in the directors box yesterday somebody has said something to him( bloody hope so) although that is no excuse it's no Davies's job to sort out our away form it's what he's paid to do.

I can’t work out the decision making progress behind actually posting that onto the fucking internet. Would you ever see an interview like that come from somewhere with a PR department? So much of the media output is fantastic from the club but this is so stupid.

It's the managers responsibility to speak to his own website, media outlets. It shows a lack of professionalism if he cant conduct himself in a proper manner regardless of the result. Fans want answers and he is the spokesperson and the most responsible.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I can’t work out the decision making progress behind actually posting that onto the fucking internet. Would you ever see an interview like that come from somewhere with a PR department? So much of the media output is fantastic from the club but this is so stupid.

It would be easy and probably sensible to edit it out, as now it has people talking about and questioning the managers conduct. 

That McGlynn interview was almost as bad, albeit in a different way, as the infamous John Hughes one.

That McGlynn interview was almost as bad, albeit in a different way, as the infamous John Hughes one.

It’s almost as if we’ve learnt nothing.