The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Supporters Fund.PNG

£4k a month is a fantastic amount of money on a monthly basis - and could easily fund 2-3 players at £3-£400 a week. It would be good if we could see that being used at least in part to bring in an additional player or two to really strengthen a depleted squad!

I'm sure one of the directors said they had already spent some of the supporters fund but hopefully with more people contributing than they had expected there is scope for at least one or two loans. 
The downside to using the money just now is it isn't gaurenteed. I'd probably prefer the club didn't dip into it till January. That way they will know what's in the bank and how many people will have dropped out etc.

13 minutes ago, grumswall said:
56 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
I'm sure one of the directors said they had already spent some of the supporters fund but hopefully with more people contributing than they had expected there is scope for at least one or two loans. 

The downside to using the money just now is it isn't gaurenteed. I'd probably prefer the club didn't dip into it till January. That way they will know what's in the bank and how many people will have dropped out etc.

Basically I think they kind of projected a minimal take up and spent it and the rest is a bonus.

Personally id still like the defence added to. We've had two wins that were as easy as you can get, against Peterhead and Clyde, and still conceded 3 goals. 
We have an unconcused mendy to come back in and prove us all wrong although I'd quite like some semblance of cover for lb.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
13 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
Basically I think they kind of projected a minimal take up and spent it and the rest is a bonus.

That's what iv taken from it aswell but I wouldn't want us to be saddled to contracts we can't afford if people pulled out though.

I agree but I just hope they have they haven't over stretched themselves.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
26 minutes ago, CALDERON said:
Personally id still like the defence added to. We've had two wins that were as easy as you can get, against Peterhead and Clyde, and still conceded 3 goals. 

We have an unconcused mendy to come back in and prove us all wrong although I'd quite like some semblance of cover for lb.

I think Mendy's next run out will be against the Shippy on Tuesday.