The New Raith Rovers Thread

29 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Literally anyone going tonight?

We have an extremely depleted RaithTV crew going so audio should be available. I’m not one of them due to childcare but huge thanks to the ones who are making the trip! Hopefully the filming goes well but I’ll not get the footage until tomorrow evening so highlights/managers interview won’t be up until late Wednesday.

57 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I had wondered that myself, he doesn’t appear to have played against Fraserburgh in the last round so I think he may be available.

From McGlynn’s post match interview against Clyde it sounds like if Bowie or Anderson don’t make it for tonight they may still have a chance for the weekend.

Assuming Mendy has recovered from his concussion I would go with:

Munro

Watson-McKay-Mendy-MacDonald

Matthews-Tait-Spencer

Smith-Allan-Victoria

If everyone is fit it means we would have 7 fresh to come back into the team on Saturday. Not overly fussed if we get beat tonight, getting through injury free is far more important. 

The only difference this round re Munro is that we are playing his parent club, although not sure how the rule is applied when playing 'colt' sides.

I would agree with that team if Mendy and Munro are available. The only other option I can see is to move Miller into midfield and rest Matthews or Spencer. Whatever happens, Hendry should absolutely play no part tonight.

2 minutes ago, Rover94 said:

Munro won’t be playing he can’t play against the team that we have loaned him from and Mendy probably won’t be back for a couple more weeks

So we will definitely only have a squad of 14 to choose from, assuming Bowie and Anderson are out. 

Munro won’t be playing he can’t play against the team that we have loaned him from and Mendy probably won’t be back for a couple more weeks

Is this still the concussion injury for Mendy? Seems a long time to be out for a concussion.

This competition really is a shambles. Will this be the lowest attended Rovers "first team" game in a good while, or is there some other contender I'm forgetting? IMG_20190813_185152.thumb.jpeg.ae6221d56450937aeda29b4871ef4b3f.jpeg

227 at the Ayr-Raith Challenge Cup tie played at Cappielow. That has to be up (down?) there for lowest attendance we’ve had. Tonight surely likely to break that.

On the team, McGlynn has done all he can really by resting two players who have been carrying knocks and MacDonald who is our only left back. Seven players out from our squad of 21. Hopefully Munro is down to availability, Victoria/Bowie are back for Saturday, and nothing else happens tonight... or we’re beginning to enter crisis mode.

Just have to hope that the county colts can’t get near Hendry (or any of them for that matter) 

if we lose this game, even a complete humiliation and there’s no injuries, it’ll be a complete success. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Looking forward to some sort of season defining injury tonight.

Probably ACL for Regan Hendry. 

I fucking despise this competition. It's utterly ridiculous that we're forced to play games where we lose money against Colt teams to a club who are of a similar stature to ourselves. Clubs at our level are a long term injury or two away from having their season fucked and their budget decimated. It fucked us in the first season at this level. We've lost money every time since they re-designed this. There's been a lot of excellent changes in Scottish football over the last few years, like the playoffs and the reformatting of the league cup (where, despite us failing miserably every time, generates some excitement). This is the opposite.