The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
4 hours ago, Wardy said:
Do you just hate everything and everyone? 

He disrespected our club.

1 hour ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

Ithink he must have meant albion rovers cause theres certainly no metal steps or a sloping pitch.somone needs to look more into this.We cant have someone dissing our club when its not true.

Fucking hell. Just actual fucking hell. 

Hoping a Scottish international fails miserably in the premier league because he didn’t like playing at Starks Park? 

I hope every opposition player hates playing at Starks Park. 

Ithink he must have meant albion rovers cause theres certainly no metal steps or a sloping pitch.somone needs to look more into this.We cant have someone dissing our club when its not true.

I fully agree with you. I’ve just finished emailing David Torrance asking him to put it forward for a public enquiry. He simply can’t be allowed to get away with this.

Hoping a Scottish international fails miserably in the premier league because he didn’t like playing at Starks Park? 
I couldn't care less if he plays for Scotland or Swaziland. The guy is obviously a first class prat. There's absolutely no need for him to come out with a comment like that.

I couldn't care less if he plays for Scotland or Swaziland. The guy is obviously a first class prat. There's absolutely no need for him to come out with a comment like that.

To be fair, the away changing rooms will be a lot smaller than he’s used to, you do have to climb up steep steps to get onto the pitch and we used to have a slope. Just what part of his statement are you so offended by?

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
33 minutes ago, Wardy said:

What I cannot fathom is why you are ridiculously wound up by such a non event comment. 

Bizarre. 

To be fair, the away changing rooms will be a lot smaller than he’s used to, you do have to climb up steep steps to get onto the pitch and we used to have a slope. Just what part of his statement are you so offended by?
The guy played for St Mirren. He'll have been in loads of small away changing rooms and we got rid of the slope 20 years ago.
Mind you, it explains how he always looks like he's blowing out of his backside every time I see him play if he can't even climb up a few stairs.
Total lack of respect from him. Obviously thinks he's Mr Billy Big Time now.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

There's some kind of international act, Geneva or some such, that would prohibit us from torturing people unfortunately.

Someone shoulda told some of those Rovers teams that...the Calderon and Anelka regimes come to mind.

9 hours ago, Starks Park Kdy said:
10 hours ago, Enigma said:

Yes. In fact is there anything we could do to make the players dislike playing here even more?

Funnily enough there is, I can't remember who it was but they built a massive pillar in the middle of the changing room so the opposition couldn't see or hear each other.

Positive they have that at Old Trafford.

Anyone know if Munro is available for selection tonight?

If not, and Bowie and Anderson are out injured, then we will only have enough available players to name 3 subs by my reckoning. Doesn't exactly allow much scope for resting players ahead of Saturday.

31 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Anyone know if Munro is available for selection tonight?

If not, and Bowie and Anderson are out injured, then we will only have enough available players to name 3 subs by my reckoning. Doesn't exactly allow much scope for resting players ahead of Saturday.

I had wondered that myself, he doesn’t appear to have played against Fraserburgh in the last round so I think he may be available.

From McGlynn’s post match interview against Clyde it sounds like if Bowie or Anderson don’t make it for tonight they may still have a chance for the weekend.

Assuming Mendy has recovered from his concussion I would go with:

Munro

Watson-McKay-Mendy-MacDonald

Matthews-Tait-Spencer

Smith-Allan-Victoria

If everyone is fit it means we would have 7 fresh to come back into the team on Saturday. Not overly fussed if we get beat tonight, getting through injury free is far more important.