Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Has he scored against Championship opposition yet ?

We've not played against Championship opposition as of yet, got a fantastic assist against St Mirren, hat trick against Albion Rovers, blank against Edinburgh and a double today. What's been an unexpected surprise is his play off the ball. All of his goals coming as the lone striker aswell. 

I get them mixed up at times. But if he isn't good enough put him on loan for development elsewhere and bring in another player.

What the f**k are you dribbling on about? The player you’ve just described is McKay. You originally said Watson. McKay didn’t even play today.

That's the issue, is the manager using these cup games as pre season or an actual national competition.

There's a direct correlation between misusing apostrophes and overreacting to pre-season defeats.

32 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Wasn't at the game today but on looking at that team who was playing at right back or was it a back 3. As looking at that team today Watson would be a right sided full back or the right side of a back 3???

Why on earth would Watson be playing right side of a back 3? He is barely a right back but he’s certainly not a centre half and never has been.

Anyone calling for the managers head before the league even starts is off their head. Today was pretty embarrassing but will be quickly forgotten if we win our first few league games. I remember our first season in the championship under McGlynn last time we got played off the park by Stirling Albion and were 2-0 down at half time to East Fife in our 2 cup games before the season started. I’d have never believed we’d be top of the league in October or reached a Scottish Cup Semi Final that season if you’d told me at half time in Methil.

I don’t think anyone is giving McGlynn a free pass. It’s just important not to overreact. Win, lose or draw today it would have no real impact on our season. We have almost a whole new team, it will take time to gel.

However, I’d be surprised if anyone isn’t slightly concerned by the League Cup results. The last week seems a continuation from last season. Poor defeat away from home, followed by a dominant and confident win at home then turns to shit on the road again. Defensively it’s difficult to see much of an improvement. 

On paper we have a relatively kind start to the season. If we get off to a flyer the league cup campaign will be quickly forgotten but if we continue to leak goals and struggle away from home McGlynn will rightly come under pressure but it’s too soon just now.

I’ll be honest I think he has experimented slightly especially with this game being a dead runner so to speak. This result means zilch in the grand scheme of things regarding the league, we comprehensively beat Peterhead who are in our league and we were great but all of a sudden we are [email protected]@e again  ! Why not reserve judgement on the team until after the first quarter of the season and if still poor by all means criticise Mcglynn and the team. Listened to the game on RaithTV and some of the clowns on the chat board are wanting to stop there contributions to the players fund in fact why not go and support another team think that will be a better idea. Personally I’ll wait to the games that matter the league

Its important not to over react but does anyone see an improvement in the side?

Same defensive weekeness thats been there for a season now and its not gona change in 7 days.

Play some good stuff at times but ultimately undone by being piss poor at the back and unable to win a contested header cleanly.

I’ll be honest I think he has experimented slightly especially with this game being a dead runner so to speak. This result means zilch in the grand scheme of things regarding the league, we comprehensively beat Peterhead who are in our league and we were great but all of a sudden we are [email protected]@e again  ! Why not reserve judgement on the team until after the first quarter of the season and if still poor by all means criticise Mcglynn and the team. Listened to the game on RaithTV and some of the clowns on the chat board are wanting to stop there contributions to the players fund in fact why not go and support another team think that will be a better idea. Personally I’ll wait to the games that matter the league

That chat board is something else. Makes FanTalk look clever.

53 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

If you want to talk to the fans rep or his,assistant you have to join the 200 club😀

Or else lean over into the directors box to speak to him or his wife not during half time though

Thankfully we are (almost) done with this competition and, to date NO INJURIES!!  

Let's hope McGlynn can sort out that defence.......................wow!!

Just now, Wee Sandy said:

Thankfully we are (almost) done with this competition and, to date NO INJURIES!!  

Miller?

So he is barely a right back , I get that. Can't play, sorry why on earth would he play as a right side back 3 , and can't play as a centre half. So where the f**k does he play then?

Why on earth would Watson be playing right side of a back 3? He is barely a right back but he’s certainly not a centre half and never has been.
Anyone calling for the managers head before the league even starts is off their head. Today was pretty embarrassing but will be quickly forgotten if we win our first few league games. I remember our first season in the championship under McGlynn last time we got played off the park by Stirling Albion and were 2-0 down at half time to East Fife in our 2 cup games before the season started. I’d have never believed we’d be top of the league in October or reached a Scottish Cup Semi Final that season if you’d told me at half time in Methil.
I don’t think anyone is giving McGlynn a free pass. It’s just important not to overreact. Win, lose or draw today it would have no real impact on our season. We have almost a whole new team, it will take time to gel.
However, I’d be surprised if anyone isn’t slightly concerned by the League Cup results. The last week seems a continuation from last season. Poor defeat away from home, followed by a dominant and confident win at home then turns to shit on the road again. Defensively it’s difficult to see much of an improvement. 
On paper we have a relatively kind start to the season. If we get off to a flyer the league cup campaign will be quickly forgotten but if we continue to leak goals and struggle away from home McGlynn will rightly come under pressure but it’s too soon just now.

So he is barely a right back , I get that. Can't play, sorry why on earth would he play as a right side back 3 , and can't play as a centre half. So where the f**k does he play then?

R.R.F.C this !!! Screenshot_20190727_201910_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpeg.ed617b64680a56f8a536d5eccfabd57c.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

He hasn't managed to sort it out in 9 months so wouldn't hold ma breath on him sorting it out in 7 days

1 minute ago, Hadji said:

He hasn't managed to sort it out in 9 months so wouldn't hold ma breath on him sorting it out in 7 days

It's ok Wee Sandy has wee man issues!

John McGlynn's post match interview is now live and the highlights package is done and will be up at midnight.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone. 

9 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

R.R.F.C this !!! Screenshot_20190727_201910_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpeg.ed617b64680a56f8a536d5eccfabd57c.jpeg

Exactly he started at right back not centre back. My comment regarding him being ‘barely a right back’ was to do with his ability. I’m not going to stick the boot into him further because he’s a young lad who is trying his best he’s just not up to it.

Barry Smith have him a two year deal though so we are stuck with him and McGlynn was quite right to give him a chance in a dead rubber match against a newly promoted League Two side. 

Exactly he started at right back not centre back. My comment regarding him being ‘barely a right back’ was to do with his ability. I’m not going to stick the boot into him further because he’s a young lad who is trying his best he’s just not up to it.

Barry Smith have him a two year deal though so we are stuck with him and McGlynn was quite right to give him a chance in a dead rubber match against a newly promoted League Two side. 

I am not sticking the boot in either, quite the opposite. The manager is clearly looking to play him as a full back. Exactly the positions YOU say he can't play in. What are you missing here !! If you think he is not good enough JUST NOW then the best thing is a run of games elsewhere to develop him.

Clearly raging in that interview after the game. 

An hour in the changing room after also. 

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

Clearly raging in that interview after the game. 

An hour in the changing room after also. 

You would think it was his job to motivate the team! Oh wait a minute.