The New Raith Rovers Thread

Defence needs sorted but so does the attacking options. Grant Anderson is not a striker and young Bowie may have bags of potential but we cannot rely on him every week. The great saviour Vaughan may return in a few weeks and may go on to have a good season but he also may break again. We need a right back, I would play Miller in central defence as other fans have said he was good there and bring in at least one other attacking option if not 2.

Complain we need a right back, would move our best (only?) right back to centre back, where we have four options...

Think the truth is as ever somewhere in the middle with this cup. Eleven goals conceded is alarming. Ultimately losing yesterday doesn’t matter. Warning signs are there, but they can end up counting for nothing. Right now, the manager’s decision to mostly keep the same defence isn’t looking good and for the first time since he returned there’s a potential for a bulletproof complaint there - but, and I know plenty are saying it, early season cups can prove very false. Looking solely at our Fife neighbours, East Fife have beaten Dundee United and Hearts in the last week, but lost to Cowdenbeath. Dunfermline lost to Edinburgh City, but beat Premiership St Mirren. Cowdenbeath beat East Fife but lost to Stenny. It’s all over the place.

Let’s see how it goes. Dumbarton away, Clyde at home, Stranraer away, Montrose at home. None of them are easy but they’re all very winnable. If we’re sitting with 10 or 12 points, we’ll have forgotten all about yesterday.

Doesn't it just.
I'm sitting here with a calculator trying to add up all the "Roaring Backs".

Now is it a Roaring right back, left back, or centre back your looking for...........we are not sure who is who just now........

Are there funds available to bring in loan players? We would like to think there is considering the fans fund and the extra season tickets that have been sold. 

No idea. We added £400k debt in Smiths first season, plus whatever we spunked on last seasons unsuccessful promotion attempt.

I wonder how much it costs to run a squad of 20 players. Must be a fair bit as these guys aren’t playing for the good of their health. How much does a half decent first team squad cost?

We’ve sold 900 season tickets but a load of them will be kids/concession ticket. Even if they were all £250 adult tickets - and they definitely aren’t - that would still only be £225k. How much does a first team player at the Rovers make?

Defence needs sorted but so does the attacking options. Grant Anderson is not a striker and young Bowie may have bags of potential but we cannot rely on him every week. The great saviour Vaughan may return in a few weeks and may go on to have a good season but he also may break again. We need a right back, I would play Miller in central defence as other fans have said he was good there and bring in at least one other attacking option if not 2.

Did you attend the Peterhead game?

Add Vaughan and Dingwall to that and hopefully we’ll be okay going forward. It is a worry that we’ve lost so many goals out the team but going forward against Peterhead we looked really good at times.

Miller looked good at right back, certainly better than the other options of McKay and Watson. I’m not sure if that’s where we intend him to play regularly or if he was just filling in. MacDonald looks decent enough at left back. Certainly better than that guy Crane we had on loan from Livi last season.

Bene and Davidson are a bit hit and miss and I would have played McKay with Davidson in the middle.

It is a worry that McGlynn has had a pre-season to sort that defence and all he’s really done is sign a left back. I can only guess that our finances aren’t great.

I can’t see this being a great season. Probably more defeats as we had a reduced squad and when the injuries and suspensions come we’ll be up against it.

Not sure what we can do about that. Only around 200 punters cared enough to note an interest in the Player Fund and you’ll be lucky if half of that number are still contributing by the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

No idea. We added £400k debt in Smiths first season, plus whatever we spunked on last seasons unsuccessful promotion attempt.

I wonder how much it costs to run a squad of 20 players. Must be a fair bit as these guys aren’t playing for the good of their health. How much does a half decent first team squad cost?

We’ve sold 900 season tickets but a load of them will be kids/concession ticket. Even if they were all £250 adult tickets - and they definitely aren’t - that would still only be £225k. How much does a first team player at the Rovers make?

Its probably fair to say we pay some of these guys to much its likely to be around the £400 a week mark. The fact is we are still more or less a full time outfit and I think that's a mistake I was expecting more part time players in our squad. 

As I've said before if it doesn't work out the board will be just as much to blame as the management team. We cant afford to keep making big losses. 

The following needs to be asked to MCGlynn.
1- Were you going up to Cove to win this game or treat it as a training exercise for what he says is the real stuff happening next week?
2- If the second option then why play the best players in a nothing game?
3-Where was Miller today?
4- Do you finally admit Watson is no good at full back ?
5- when are we signing the strike that is going to score consistently.
6- Are we going to have to rely on a 16 year old and a striker that has scored a handfull of senior goals on his career?
7- Are you actually kidding us on that you are happy with the squad as is?

over to you Davie.

5 - everyone seems to be asking this question, but it’s almost impossible to predict. It was the very same situation with Nisbet last season. Allan has at this stage scored more than Nisbet last season. Let’s give him time.

Wasn’t at the game but the defending was absolutely disgusting for the goals. MacDonald at left back and Miller at right back definitely seems the best there, it’s the centre half situation, McKay should be played there along with either Davo or Bene, can’t decide which is the lesser of 2 evils.

Why does it not surprise me that you need a calculator to help you count up to one? 

East Fife thicko can’t count to 3, even with the aid of a calculator. Is anyone surprised. Tazz probably tried to eat the calculator.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

East Fife thicko can’t count to 3, even with the aid of a calculator. Is anyone surprised. Tazz probably tried to eat the calculator.

oooft. The seethe is strong with this one.

Dundee Utd, Hearts, St. Johnstone, Raith forums all in meltdown over an apparent meaningless, dead rubber"competition. Can't wait till the real stuff starts.

Keep it up Scary Bear. Yer banters about as effective as Frank's.

5 - everyone seems to be asking this question, but it’s almost impossible to predict. It was the very same situation with Nisbet last season. Allan has at this stage scored more than Nisbet last season. Let’s give him time.

Nisbet was looking pretty rotten at this stage last season. Really took a slew of early season penalties to get his confidence up, at which stage he never really looked back. I think it’s comparing apples and oranges in any case, Allan’s a figurehead rather than a goalscorer.

Once Vaughan and Dingwall return, we’ll have those two, Allan, Bowie, Anderson, Victoria and Smith fighting for the forward areas. I’d love to see a new striker but I think realistically we’ll just have to wait it out until Vaughan/Dingwall return. There’s more than enough forward options from that pool.

oooft. The seethe is strong with this one.
Dundee Utd, Hearts, St. Johnstone, Raith forums all in meltdown over an apparent meaningless, dead rubber"competition. Can't wait till the real stuff starts.
Keep it up Scary Bear. Yer banters about as effective as Frank's.

Take a photo of your face today, when Dundee and ICT draw. Stick it in your photo thread. Try not to delete the thread this time.

Do you want me to show you how to work your calculator?

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Take a photo of your face today, when Dundee and ICT draw. Stick it in your photo thread. Try not to delete the thread this time.

Do you want me to show you how to work your calculator?

You're clearly upset and hammering away at the ol keyboard without giving much thought to your ramblings.

I'll pop back later when your blood pressure has subsided.

Mwah X

Ps

ICT will win.

You're clearly upset and hammering away at the ol keyboard without giving much thought to your ramblings.
I'll pop back later when your blood pressure has subsided.
Mwah X
Ps
ICT will win.

I have a smartphone. I have no doubt you’ll be back later.