The New Raith Rovers Thread

Our Achilles heel from last season doesn’t seem to have been addressed and we just seem to leak goals every week.

It’s continued into this league cup campaign where we’ve taken a few skelpings. We were pish on the road last season - again from first couple of results it doesn’t look like that’s going to change much either.

It’s the defence that’s the issue - we seem so powderpuff it’s unreal.

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:

I'm sorry how are they stupid. It's things that are discussed on a daily basis on this thread????

Am I genuinely needing to explain this to you? Why would the club interviewer put such direct and deliberately negative question towards the manager directly after a 3-0 defeat? 

4 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I know that but if I was one of those people looking to possibly buy a season ticket that would be at least what I would want to be addressed and answered, before I spent any money up front.

I know but that's just how it is itll just be like before where Mcglynn was given free reign to do what he wanted and no one would question it. I cant see it being much different this time around either. 

I know but that's just how it is itll just be like before where Mcglynn was given free reign to do what he wanted and no one would question it. I cant see it being much different this time around either. 

Manager at football club allowed to make important decisions.

Well at least the manager can admit to himself that he is no full back and play him at centre back. There is no point playing a young player continually out of position and expect miracles. Having fans continually saying that he is not a full back and being the fall guy due to this in matches will be absolutely bgreat for his confidence. Bring in a full back and put him out on loan to develop for the season. Have him the chance to be a replacement for Davo next season. That IMO is what should have been done not have him lambasted every week he makes mistakes. It's not rocket science.

I can't grasp the idea that a grown man thinks asking the manager to admit his 3rd choice young full back isn't good enough is a good question.

Well at least the manager can admit to himself that he is no full back and play him at centre back. There is no point playing a young player continually out of position and expect miracles. Having fans continually saying that he is not a full back and being the fall guy due to this in matches will be absolutely bgreat for his confidence. Bring in a full back and put him out on loan to develop for the season. Have him the chance to be a replacement for Davo next season. That IMO is what should have been done not have him lambasted every week he makes mistakes. It's not rocket science.

What the f**k are you dribbling on about? The player you’ve just described is McKay. You originally said Watson. McKay didn’t even play today.

Can’t see any problem with fans wanting ‘answers’ from McGlynn. We are a community club, a family, we contribute money towards the club on a regular basis. Raith TV should be asking more searching stuff than the usual mundane questions with their predictable ‘copy and paste’ replies. The don’t have to be abrupt or insulting. I mean, I would be happy with something like “Is the defence (and overall application) worrying you after the performances in shipping 10 goals in three games? If so, what will be done differently to try and rectify things? Will we be looking to add a loan or two to shore things up?”

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Manager at football club allowed to make important decisions.

Of course he is allowed but if he gets them badly wrong he has to be held accountable but to put it simply he wont. The board are already on the back foot for allowing the manager to sign a French amateur player and not signing a right back.

Just ask mcglynn why he hasn't signed a right back and why he thought last season's failed defence was worthy of keeping.
It's that simple 

It’s pretty simple; so simple in fact I’ll answer it for you now. We have three players in the squad who can play right back. Whether or not you think those players are good enough is up to your own interpretation.

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It’s pretty simple; so simple in fact I’ll answer it for you now. We have three players in the squad who can play right back. Whether or not you think those players are good enough is up to your own interpretation.

Having a player player that "CAN" play right back and some who "IS" an out and right back are two very diffrent propositions. 

If u can play as an alternate right back surly that would mean ur better in another position?

How many other teams just shoe horn in players in there weekest area of the team instead of going out and streanthing said position?

It’s pretty simple; so simple in fact I’ll answer it for you now. We have three players in the squad who can play right back. Whether or not you think those players are good enough is up to your own interpretation. [/quote The only time we have been comfortable in a competitive match is when miller is at full back. I still think we need a proper full back if possible and a striker. Players need to be brought in and some to leave on loan to develop in the position they are supposedly best at.