Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’m sure there’s more than 216 rovers fans who could contribute £10 a month or more but well done to the other 215 fans who will now be paying in regularly

I'm not claiming entire vindication of my "play a fucking full back at full back" campaign but our natural right back has just gone marauding down the wing, overlapped his midfielder, and ripped the ball into the top corner.

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

3-0, against a team who’s in our league and will be most likely similar to most other teams in our league this season... but where’s the goals coming from... 🤪

Where will the goals come from?! 

Much better tonight, some good performances but considering his age Bowie was absolutely excellent. 

What happened with mendy. Couldn’t be in attendance
Rovers turned over the ball in their own box, and Mendy broke up the right hand side. The ball was shuttled back to Watson, who gave Mendy a terrible pass right on the touchline. In a panic to avoid the throw-in, Mendy stabbed the ball back towards the keeper... right into the zone of the defence where he would normally be! A striker was lurking, classic intercepted passback goal ensued.

Other than that, he actually showed some of the dominant traits that we'd expected from him. Made a few blocks, won a few headers.

Difficult to judge against that Peterhead attack though. I think the goal might've been their only shot on target.

Poor pass from Mendy straight to the striker, but not sure Watson should have passed to Mendy up at the touchline to begin with....

Looking forward to this cup pish being out the way so we can go back to having all the game comments on one thread.

Whatever confidence Mendy had when he signed must be completely gone by now. Struggling to see what it is that JM seen in him.

Bowie on the other hand, crazy that he’s only 16 and doesn’t look out of place in the team. Makes some mistakes as you’d expect from a kid, but the effort and running he puts in is fantastic.

It's going to be fashionable to blame Mendy for pretty much every mistake made (and up until now, rightly so), but Watson is nowhere near the level that's required and put him in an awful position tonight. He needs time, and it's something we're running out of before the serious stuff starts. I'd be inclined to play him against Cove and see how he gets on. We won't learn much playing Davidson and Benedictus and I'd imagine regardless of what happens on Saturday they'll be our central pairing come the league opener.

ETA - Miller looks our best option at RB and I hope he makes the position his own.

The blunder aside, it could have been 5 if Matthews had composed himself with the chip on the keeper after a great wee run, same with Anderson when he bruised Fleming's tits when it was easier to score.

1 minute ago, ShitRaith said:

Only thing i can criticise about Ziggy is his first touch. Other than that he’s a good find.

Watch the highlights for his cross for the third goal :bounce3