The New Raith Rovers Thread

Obviously would rather we’d won the last two games but this tournament throws us absolutely ridiculous results. A Lowland League side drew with a Premiership side yesterday, and won on penalties. Dunfermline lost to Edinburgh City. Stirling drew with Hibs last week, and lost six to Arbroath a few days later. It’s all over the place and if we’d won both games by an aggregate of 7-1 I’d be saying the same.

We’re essentially still in pre-season. If we’re still conceding silly goals from corners then that’s a bit of a worry, but there’s time to iron it out yet... it does raise some questions of the manager though when he tried to retain all of last season’s defence.

Let’s see how we do against Peterhead and Cove, albeit even at that we’re ultimately playing a couple of dead rubbers. We could lose them both and beat Dumbarton and we’d all be delighted.

Not really. He IS the best player in the league. Until Vaughan stays fit anyway.

He has been on loan the past two seasons at starks and is now our player aswell. We've probably all seen enough watching football at this level to know when somone shouldn't be playing at this level.
He IS? I'm sure Charlie Telfer will disagree, as will Tidser and Sammon also at Falkirk, and McAllister at Peterhead, McStay and Goodwillie at Clyde... I'm not saying Hendry isn't good but that's some bold claim right there.

Mcglynn should just record all his interviews at the start of the season. Sane complaints about poor defending every week. Well you know what actually do something about it, if they are not improving or doing what's required get in other. Or.... Bring in players to play in positions we have been needing to fill for the last 18 months.

58 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
9 hours ago, grumswall said:
Not really. He IS the best player in the league. Until Vaughan stays fit anyway.

He has been on loan the past two seasons at starks and is now our player aswell. We've probably all seen enough watching football at this level to know when somone shouldn't be playing at this level.

He IS? I'm sure Charlie Telfer will disagree, as will Tidser and Sammon also at Falkirk, and McAllister at Peterhead, McStay and Goodwillie at Clyde... I'm not saying Hendry isn't good but that's some bold claim right there.

Having seen most of them play at some point, I'd back the Hendry claim up against those examples. 

The boy is fucking tremendous. 

Mcglynn should just record all his interviews at the start of the season. Sane complaints about poor defending every week. Well you know what actually do something about it, if they are not improving or doing what's required get in other. Or.... Bring in players to play in positions we have been needing to fill for the last 18 months.

Wait until the insane complaints start.

This week's highlights are now up. See you all on Tuesday.

Decent highlights again. The only criticism is that you missed the parts of the second half where we were in control of the game[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]. [emoji106][emoji106]. The first goal thought was a stone wall free kick. Bene is being manhandled on the goal line as the ball goes over his head. How a referee and linesman didn't see that is ridiculous.

Decent highlights again. The only criticism is that you missed the parts of the second half where we were in control of the game[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]. [emoji106][emoji106]. The first goal thought was a stone wall free kick. Bene is being manhandled on the goal line as the ball goes over his head. How a referee and linesman didn't see that is ridiculous.

I’ve watched the first goal a few times and can’t work out what you’re on about.

23 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Decent highlights again. The only criticism is that you missed the parts of the second half where we were in control of the gameemoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji848.png. emoji106.pngemoji106.png. The first goal thought was a stone wall free kick. Bene is being manhandled on the goal line as the ball goes over his head. How a referee and linesman didn't see that is ridiculous.

Sometimes the odd thing may get missed as we rely on notes when we have a small team at a game, and they are doing many tasks, (there was only two of the RTV team there, I was one of the people who couldn’t make it) but we try our best to make sure that most things make it in. Watching the 90 minutes again after the fact to check for everything  would take too long when we have other commitments unfortunately.

Edited by Roath Raver

At the game yesterday and agree with all of the above about the frustration/worry about how cheap the goals are we lose from crosses and set pieces. Woeful.

Only thing to add that hasn’t been mentioned (I don’t think) is how ‘not ready’ the goalie looked. A few dodgy kicks, but more importantly where is he for the first and fourth goals? Ball lands 2/3 yards out in middle of the box both times as he is no where near it - looks too small/slight at the moment for me. Also on the fourth one he effectively falls down and leaves an open goal! C’mon Davie get on the broom and get back in the sticks! 

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

Frustrating thing for me is that we didn't play THAT badly.

What I would say though is Matthews was very poor. He really needs to deliver the goods, we've been waiting for a "big season" from him for ages now. 

We simply need a right back, it just has to happen. Mcglynn is putting a load of pressure on himself that he doesn't need to. 

At the first goal, the Rovers defender almost has Walsh's shirt off his back so if White misses, you'd have hoped the ref would've given us a penalty.