The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, jharvey123 said:

Here we go again all these people commenting with probably only 1 or 2 that were at the game. Raith played well today in long spells with lots of positives to take from the game. Yes defensively we went to sleep and it cost us but the lads worked extremely hard to get back in to the game and at 1-1 if we took out chances it could have been different. Hendry was different class, Matthews, Davo were strong and Allan ran his heart out as the lone striker and held the ball up fantastic and took his goal brilliantly. Let’s get behind the team rather than keyboard warriors moaning.

We'll not be on the back foot this season nearly as much as we were today. Caley were very slick and worked well as a unit. If we keep Hendry fit, and get the likes of Vaughan and Dingwall back, then we'll cause a lot more problems. Keep in mind, we're away to a team who finished top four in the league above (and Scottish Cup Semi Finalists). I can't see us sticking with that formation for the games going forward. 

Any word on what happened with Brad Spencer today?

3 hours ago, ac-rrfc said:

Hendry is IMHO the best player in the league. Once we get Vaughn playing off of Allan aswell it’ll all start to click the together I feel

So Hendry is the best player in the league, based on what?

McGlynn sounds as frustrated as the rest of us in his post match interview. We’re only 2 competitive matches in and the real stuff doesn’t start for another 2 weeks so I’m not pressing the panic button quite yet. However, it is a concern despite so many new players, we still look to have a lot of the same issues as last season. 

There is still a lot of quality to come back into the side though; Spencer, Vaughan, Dingwall and McGurn should make a big difference. Hopefully still some loan players to be added as well. I would like a right back, winger and a striker but we won’t get all of those. 7 new players in today’s team and 8 (I think last week) so it will take a bit of time to gel.

Obviously would have preferred to have won the last two games and such heavy defeats are disheartening but I’d rather have them in this competition than the league. The positive is hopefully this shines a light on the weaknesses in the team at an early stage and JM can get it sorted for the league beginning.

Still cautiously optimistic for the season ahead at the moment, although some of that is based on the injured players returning and a couple of promising loanees. In saying that, if we lose Dumbarton on the opening day all of the above goes out the window and I will certainly start panicking...

7 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

McGlynn sounds as frustrated as the rest of us in his post match interview. We’re only 2 competitive matches in and the real stuff doesn’t start for another 2 weeks so I’m not pressing the panic button quite yet. However, it is a concern despite so many new players, we still look to have a lot of the same issues as last season. 

There is still a lot of quality to come back into the side though; Spencer, Vaughan, Dingwall and McGurn should make a big difference. Hopefully still some loan players to be added as well. I would like a right back, winger and a striker but we won’t get all of those. 7 new players in today’s team and 8 (I think last week) so it will take a bit of time to gel.

Obviously would have preferred to have won the last two games and such heavy defeats are disheartening but I’d rather have them in this competition than the league. The positive is hopefully this shines a light on the weaknesses in the team at an early stage and JM can get it sorted for the league beginning.

Still cautiously optimistic for the season ahead at the moment, although some of that is based on the injured players returning and a couple of promising loanees. In saying that, if we lose Dumbarton on the opening day all of the above goes out the window and I will certainly start panicking...

tumblr_oli7miq7Vo1rd2e5po1_1280.gif

8 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Probably based on the fact he’s an unusually talented player for the third tier of Scottish football.

With two games gone, both heavy defeats. Right you are.

SPFL1 awaits this superstar...

Not great today, but some people on social media losing their shit because Peterhead and Cove managed some 0-0 draws.  The results in this tournament are mental and need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Gary Lockes Rovers side played Ross County off the park and last season we drew with Hearts who started the season on fire. 

Its July, and we have been beaten by two sides who should beat us. Let's see what Tuesday brings. 

Some positives today, did well to get back into the game. 

I think the comments are based largely on how impressive he was for us last season before his injury.

He's also had a good start to pre season, which I still class these cup games as being.

6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Whilst i dont know if he will be the best player in the league, we've seen far far more than that. 

Just now, Deadly said:

I think the comments are based largely on how impressive he was for us last season before his injury.

He's also had a good start to pre season, which I still class these cup games as being.

That's all well and good. But to rate him as the best player in the league before a ball has been kicked is a bit daft... 

That's all well and good. But to rate him as the best player in the league before a ball has been kicked is a bit daft... 
Don't disagree.

I was just pointing out the comment wouldn't be based solely on pre season games and will be based on some outstanding performances last season.

He has the potential to be a brilliant player but with no league games played this season it's a bold statement to make.

I have to admit that the thought of Hendry linking up with Vaughan gives me a semi.

Anybody who thought we,d get a result up in Inversneckie needs sectioned.Outwith our horrendous record against them were so far off that level its frightening 

We,ve a decent 1st division squad and thats it,where it takes us is anyones guess

Just now, Rovers_Lad said:

Anybody who thought we,d get a result up in Inversneckie needs sectioned.Outwith our horrendous record against them were so far off that level its frightening 

We,ve a decent 1st division squad and thats it,where it takes us is anyones guess

This. And i dont have a problem with assembling a decent squad at this level, can be effective if done in the right way. 

Not really. He IS the best player in the league. Until Vaughan stays fit anyway.

He has been on loan the past two seasons at starks and is now our player aswell. We've probably all seen enough watching football at this level to know when somone shouldn't be playing at this level.