The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

The fact Peterhead and Cove Rangers coped far better against Inverness and Dundee is slightly alarming.

We'll fibd out how alarming on tuesday I guess

I'm going to keep a tab on how many corners we concede this season, and the amount of goals we concede from said corners. I cannae be fucked doing it for previous seasons but I'm willing to bet we have the highest percentage out of whichever league we were in - and by some distance. 

LKkQJohn McGlynn signed this team he chose to stick with Bene and Davo, he also picked a team today with 6 defenders and we still conceded 4. He needs to stop slavering his pish in the interviews get the team sorted and sign 2 loan players to improve an average squad. 

We looked worse against Dundee. I think that's a positive.

But the only conceivable reason for packing the field with centre halfs is if it makes you defensively solid. But this is a fucking long way from Catenaccio, Mr McGlynn.

We're losing the kind of goals you'd expect from a team using fullbacks in the centre, not the other way around.

We might well keep on losing these goals. But let's at least lose one of the defenders who isn't stopping them and get another midfielder onto the pitch to try and make something happen the other way.

And for the love of God, can we PLEASE field a fucking right back at right back!?

Having said all that - today probably wasn't as bad as 4-1 sounds. We never looked like winning the game, but we had some decent spells. Much like the Dundee game, you'd expect Caley to be better than anyone else we'll play in the league.

But I fear that if we don't address these defensive structural issues, we'll keep on repeating the same mistakes. We might not go down 4-1 every week, but we'll drop a lot of points.

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

LKkQJohn McGlynn signed this team he chose to stick with Bene and Davo, he also picked a team today with 6 defenders and we still conceded 4. He needs to stop slavering his pish in the interviews get the team sorted and sign 2 loan players to improve an average squad. 

Any signs we would add loan players?

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Standard thumping up at Inverness. We're looking likely to finish bottom of the group again this season.

Weirdly if we won our two final games it'd be our best league cup section since, well, ever.

Severely fear for us if the manager is happy with the squad he has. Seems like they’ve learned absolutely f**k all from last season. It’s quite evident that we cannot do the basics in marking at set pieces. We would get away with it last season because we had firepower last season that stuck the ball away. On early showing we have nowhere near that sort of firepower.

Could be a long old season -
could see Forfar finishing ahead of us again!

3 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Severely fear for us if the manager is happy with the squad he has. Seems like they’ve learned absolutely f**k all from last season. It’s quite evident that we cannot do the basics in marking at set pieces. We would get away with it last season because we had firepower last season that stuck the ball away. On early showing we have nowhere near that sort of firepower.

Could be a long old season -
could see Forfar finishing ahead of us again!

In fairness we looked like we had f**k all fire power in the league cup last year....