Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Nisbet got a first half Hatrick for the pars. Really gonna miss his goals this season I think
It's fine, we've signed Lewis Allan....

Nisbet got a first half Hatrick for the pars. Really gonna miss his goals this season I think

Stevie Wonder could probably score a hatrick against Albion Rovers*

*but yes there’s no denying we’ll miss his goals.

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Stevie Wonder could probably score a hatrick against Albion Rovers*

*but yes there’s no denying we’ll miss his goals.

He's Mistra goal it all.

Can’t wait for Roaring Back 7: Mission to Montrose.

Roaring back 8. Ochilview drift.

Really can't see how you lot are going to get anywhere near us this season but we have the McKinnon factor it could be a lot closer than it should be. Good luck for the season chaps. 

30 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Really can't see how you lot are going to get anywhere near us this season but we have the McKinnon factor it could be a lot closer than it should be. Good luck for the season chaps. 

Hopefully you disgusting sickos financially kill yourselves and Rovers win the league by default. That's one way of it happening.

Neither can I. I’m hoping we can at least keep it interesting for most of the season but that’s more a hope than a belief. McGlynn’s right when he says a strong start is crucial.

7 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Oh FFs, just give them the trophy now and save us the hassle of the next 8 months.

So I take it the title is won before a ball is kicked. Well done. Defensively (I hope) we have tightened up Mendy aside. Up front we are woefully lacking. So all in all you might be right. This is the season McGlynn will be judged.

40 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

So I take it the title is won before a ball is kicked. Well done. Defensively (I hope) we have tightened up Mendy aside. Up front we are woefully lacking. So all in all you might be right. This is the season McGlynn will be judged.

image.jpeg.f49f26a6eb93cf91f36bbe6258271066.jpeg

After the brief chat I had with McGlynn on Saturday I was left with the opinion that there will be no further signings this window. I asked if he was worried where the goals were coming from and he said no. He reckons if they share them about we will be fine. An average of 5 a piece for Allan, Anderson, Henry, Victoria, Spencer, Bowie, Dingwall and another 5 from the rest would give us 40 goals add in double figures for Vaughan and there's 50 goals. Not ideal but it is what it is and if we can work out how to keep the back door shut we will be fine. I did ask about the jackpot player and John just said we didn't get him and it won't be happening. Just have to wait until Jan and we sign HSWHW's on loan.

I’m not denying what you’ve said may well be true, but I’ll be massively shocked if we don’t sign anyone in the Loan market.

Are you boiz any good?  We were apparently spunk the other night at Balmoor.

I’m not denying what you’ve said may well be true, but I’ll be massively shocked if we don’t sign anyone in the Loan market.
Bear in mind McGlynn never said the words, it was more just the feeling I got from what was said.

Bear in mind McGlynn never said the words, it was more just the feeling I got from what was said.

Yup! My bad, re-read “your opinion” - Fair!

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We're not really sure.

56 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You’ll beat us 3-0 probably. Horrendous record up in the highlands. If we swapped leagues I still wouldn’t be confident.

You’ll beat us 3-0 probably. Horrendous record up in the highlands. If we swapped leagues I still wouldn’t be confident.

I’m looking forward to the dead rubbers with Peterhead and Cove where we can look forward to a few injuries.

25 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m looking forward to the dead rubbers with Peterhead and Cove where we can look forward to a few injuries.

Ross Munro and then Davie both in the same game, resulting in Nando going in goal (Maybe not a bad thing) 

Is there many on here making the trip on Saturday? If so, what’s your mode of transport, car/train/supporters bus? Im hoping there will be a carriage on the train similar to Elgin Away...

I looked at the train but it was £55 return from Haymarket which is just daft money for what is really an irrelevant game. Save my cash for league business.