The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Rovers digest email says contract extension news very soon. Vaughan?

He’s already signed up till 2021, I’d be surprised (but delighted) if he extended any further at this point. 

Not sure who else would be in need of an extension just now. Looks like Bowie and Tait are signed up till 2021 but I suppose it could be Bowie on a long term deal. Most of the team have just signed new deals. 

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

Bowie and Tait were contracted till 2021, Bowie is now contracted till 2022...

I suspect the terms of the contact differ as well, moving him from YTS to an actual contract, which completely changes the level of compensation we'd be due should he turn out to be shit hot.

1 minute ago, renton said:

I suspect the terms of the contact differ as well, moving him from YTS to an actual contract, which completely changes the level of compensation we'd be due should he turn out to be shit hot.

Exactly. Article also states he’s a Rovers fan so we don’t have to worry about not being able to stand in his way...

In all seriousness, it’s good to see the club trying to learn from previous mistakes. Tying down one of our best prospects early doors to a long term deal can only be good news. If it works out well we should finally make some money from one of our promising youth players. 

If it doesn’t I can’t imagine it’s costing us a huge amount of money. Also you’d imagine the ‘incentive based deal’ will protect us slightly should things not develop the way we all hope.

Just proves how the players fund is now helping the Rovers 1. Bowie is a young developing player 2. He is actually a local lad who’s starting for the first team but no doubt someone will come on here and criticise the Rovers in some way. Some fans need to look at the bigger picture and start contributing to the fund if it’s affordable for them because the quicker we get out this league the better.

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

Just proves how the players fund is now helping the Rovers 1. Bowie is a young developing player 2. He is actually a local lad who’s starting for the first team but no doubt someone will come on here and criticise the Rovers in some way. Some fans need to look at the bigger picture and start contributing to the fund if it’s affordable for them because the quicker we get out this league the better.

3. If only the club could think of a good news story drawing everyone's attention to this here fund... 

Great to see a Rovers fan playing for the team. His two brothers keep winning the half time shot and his grandad is a fan too. I really hope it works out for him. Something tells me he won’t be here for long though...
sounds like some ‘Dave Wann style’ 50/50 rigging going on here