Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

"Snowflake" too, for the jackpot.

I can just imagine that mock rage pulsing through you. Go on call the cops.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Do you take beta blockers as well?

Not yet.

You are the worst rovers fan on this forum. That's quite an achievement.

What a virtue signalling hoor.

Never heard the term before but get the feeling their are plenty soy boys that post on here, precious souls.

Is ‘soy boy’ the new way of calling someone a ‘wee poofter’ without being attacked by the pc brigade?

Anyway, not at game today but worrying times if Davo outperformed his defensive partner. Any positives at all?! Somebody ease the pain please!

A few reflections on that.

1) We won't be playing Dundee every week. Thankfully. But the depressing thing is we want to be back to a few years ago and looking at 'top' championship clubs at home and fancying to win relatively often.

2) Mendy. Oaft. Thankfully Mendy also won't be playing against Dundee, or particularly Nelson, every week. But that was huge learning curve for him today across all aspects of the game. Clearly not ready now but the only hope is he is a fast learner. First mistake mentally rocked him (remember he will never have played in front of crowd like that against opponents like that). 

3) If Mendy is a bombscare even against top league 1 players (Baird vs. Mendy of today for example is giving me the fear), then having the Davo/Bene partnership of last year again - with the caveat that the full backs are better - is worrying.

4) Hendry is so far above this level its unreal. A real joy to watch. I think him, spencer and Mathews give us a very strong central area. I like the look of spencer and Mathews today looked excellent. Hoping this is 'his' season where he really steps on as the 'old head' in that midfield. 

5) I actually though Allan held it up well today (again we won't be playing Dundee every week and think he would have gotten far more changge out of L1 CBs). Vaughan off a player like him could be very good. But, at the moment we miss a player - like Vaughany - who is dead set on scoring and shooting  every time  they get it. 

6) Some nice play and touches from Victoria today. On that display looks like he could be a real asset against teams that sit in, when we need a we bit creativity to unlock the door etc.

7) Goalie was dodgy as f**k on the kicking/passing front. GET FLYING BACK FROM HOLIDAY NOW YOU WITCH c**t ❤️ xx

8 ) Pish result, but in a strange masochistic way, it's good to feel that again. Feel the pain of real meaning football. It's 'good' to be back.

9) 9:10 train KDY to Inverness booked. Win or bust regarding the league cup. Looking forward to the day our regardless and to be honest, with the size of our squad and luck with injuries, an early exit is not the worst thing in the world (especially after a relatively financially decent return today).

10) Beer and buckfast open on the train home and going to get blootered.  

11) All you c***s enjoy your night!

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

It was pretty clear from the friendlies Mendy would make mistakes but tbf today was a complete disaster for him. We didn't play to badly today and certainly wont play a team anywhere as good as Dundee even tho I didn't think they were particularly great. 

I thought Bene should have started that certainly might have helped especially in Mendys case. Once again though we give the opposition too much time and how poor were we at being pushed off the ball again. One final point a least any of the players didn't get sent off very poor example from Mcglynn although the ref was a tit.

Don't think I've ever seen a worse refereeing prefomance in my time, either way mendy chucked the game after half an hour. Confident he'll improve and look a lot more conformable against league 1 opposition.

36 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

3) If Mendy is a bombscare even against top league 1 players (Baird vs. Mendy of today for example is giving me the fear), then having the Davo/Bene partnership of last year again - with the caveat that the full backs are better - is worrying.

Baird left Forfar at the end of last season to move to Australia. He'll probably still find a way to score against us even from there mind. 

Know this is probably not the time to ask, but why does Andy Mill sit in the directors box? Thought his 'campaign' pledge was to sit in the south stands and listen to the complaints and suggestions of the regular fans?

19 minutes ago, DG_RRFC said:

Don't think I've ever seen a worse refereeing prefomance in my time, either way mendy chucked the game after half an hour. Confident he'll improve and look a lot more conformable against league 1 opposition.

Aye that’s one thing I forgot to mention. It sounds like sour grapes when you get beat and maybe Dees would see it differently but it felt very much like the ‘big team’ was getting the 50/50 calls. Also the fact we didn’t get a pen at 2-0 - In a spell when we were on top and looking decent - in  real time looked like an abomination of a decision. 

1 minute ago, RRPT said:

Know this is probably not the time to ask, but why does Andy Mill sit in the directors box? Thought his 'campaign' pledge was to sit in the south stands and listen to the complaints and suggestions of the regular fans?

Ask him?

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Baird left Forfar at the end of last season to move to Australia. He'll probably still find a way to score against us even from there mind. 

Wow missed that. Absolutely glorious news. Felt he was a proper talisman for Forfar and definitely a good thing he is gone!! 

Aye, you'll be hoping so.
Really, any team manager watching that today would have laughed and set a team up to play to his lack of ability.