The New Raith Rovers Thread

Wonder if Eric will make a guest appearance in the Directors Box today and will he be warmly welcomed back by one and all ?

For deciding to appoint Locke, sending Vaughan to Dumbarton instead of Brechin because they offered more money for the loan deal, and selling David Bates to Rangers for no money whatsoever, I’d be quite happy if he was verbally abused for the entire 90 minutes.

45 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

For deciding to appoint Locke, sending Vaughan to Dumbarton instead of Brechin because they offered more money for the loan deal, and selling David Bates to Rangers for no money whatsoever, I’d be quite happy if he was verbally abused for the entire 90 minutes.

...................best scenario. ?    ...he jist disnae turn up!!

He's off the pace of the game by a long way. He'll adapt, I'm sure, it's football in a new country and at a totally different level than he's used to, but right now he's expecting much more time than he's getting.

Also, we're fifteen minutes into the season and heads are gone all over the shop. John McGlynn's, chiefly.

He's off the pace of the game by a long way. He'll adapt, I'm sure, it's football in a new country and at a totally different level than he's used to, but right now he's expecting much more time than he's getting.

Also, we're fifteen minutes into the season and heads are gone all over the shop. John McGlynn's, chiefly.
Even in the friendlies he was guilty of several bad passes a game, clattering players. Are we surprised by this.

Okay, maybe throwing Mendy in against Dundee wasn't the best idea. Painfully naive defending inside his own box to concede a stonewall penalty there.

It's very clear he hasn't played football at this level before. He's taken to his baptism of fire like a font full of kerosene.

Take him off at half time, give him some more game time against sides that won't be quite so clinical in punishing his mistakes, and see how he's getting on in a few months time.

Okay, maybe throwing Mendy in against Dundee wasn't the best idea. Painfully naive defending inside his own box to concede a stonewall penalty there.

It's very clear he hasn't played football at this level before. He's taken to his baptism of fire like a font full of kerosene.

Take him off at half time, give him some more game time against sides that won't be quite so clinical in punishing his mistakes, and see how he's getting on in a few months time.
See how he gets on in a few months time ?. So where else is he going to get competitive football without going out on loan. Remember this is all we have.

See how he gets on in a few months time ?. So where else is he going to get competitive football without going out on loan. Remember this is all we have.
All I'm saying is don't write him off on this half alone. We'll have a truer idea of his actual ability in a few months time once we've seen him against some of the other sides in our division. We'll not be playing Dundee every week.

All I'm saying is don't write him off on this half alone. We'll have a truer idea of his actual ability in a few months time once we've seen him against some of the other sides in our division. We'll not be playing Dundee every week.

Money talks and bullshit walks. We’re pretty much in the bullshit stakes. We have f**k all up front and nothing at the back again. Awesome