Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Don’t see who the goals are going to come from and don’t have a 20 odd goal scorer yet. It’s the one position we still need to fill I’d say. Still hoping for the big signing McGlynn mentioned earlier, just hope Celtic allow him to come.

9 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

How many seasons has Vaughan managed to stay injury free in his career? Are his injury problems recurring or has he been unlucky with different impact injuries?

Genuinely curious as he’s always looked a cut above against Falkirk in the past and someone I’ve always wanted us to take a punt on. Such a talented player.

Been unlucky in my opinion.

Was our top goal scorer two seasons ago when we were the width of a post from winning the league, out performed other proven goal scorers that we brought in.

15 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

How many seasons has Vaughan managed to stay injury free in his career? Are his injury problems recurring or has he been unlucky with different impact injuries?

Genuinely curious as he’s always looked a cut above against Falkirk in the past and someone I’ve always wanted us to take a punt on. Such a talented player.

I think he's had ACL in both knees, so incredibly unlucky. 

24 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Had a couple of bad knee injuries , he is a cut above and unless he was hampered by the injuries I expect he would have left us by now

Vaughan has been unlucky for sure but there’s no doubt he is injury prone.

We’re going to have to hope we do spread the goals about as I’ve seen nothing to suggest anyone will replicate what Nisbet gave us.

We’ve been trying a bit of a new formation out in the friendlies. McGlynn will know he can’t simply replace Nisbet like-for-like. It looks like we’ll be harder to beat and to be fair we have scored 6 goals in 3 games so if we can have more players scoring, happy days. We’re a lot bigger side this season so would be good to see us become a real danger from corners and free kicks again.

All this chat of we don’t know where the goals will come from? We’ve not been short of chances and goals in the friendlies and having attacking options.

We might not have a 30+ goal striker but would bet Victoria, Anderson and Bowie get 8+ each from forward positions.

Throw in Allan, Vaughan, the raj ginger Dingwall + 1 loan potentially and we’ll be fine.

I actually like the look of Anderson up top. Pace, strength and size.

We will struggle to replace Nisbet, but we have addressed the shit midfield he was carrying with his goals. 

I'm not sure there's any evidence to suggest Dingwall is a goal threat. He didn't score for us last season and seldom looked like he would.

29 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Big crowd at this one.

Difficult to tell, but was that sarcasm?

Who are the trialists?

Anyone know?

Difficult to tell, but was that sarcasm?

Who are the trialists?
Anyone know?

I can confirm it was sarcasm.

I like our new strip. Davo looks resplendent in it. I see that only Davo and McKay have survived from last season. That will undoubtedly please a section of our support.

3 trialists all on the bench. One must be Knox.

We’ve found our new Nisbet. 

541EAE3B-B80A-4A87-A7A4-0E7741E523D9.jpeg

Think Faissal El Bakhtaoui is one of the trialists.

Certainly looks like him.

Regan Hendry looks good in midfield. The team looks better than it did at the start of last season.

Think Faissal El Bakhtaoui is one of the trialists.
Certainly looks like him.
Sent a picture to a mate who's a Townie and he said it didn't look like him.

Sent a picture to a mate who's a Townie and he said it didn't look like him.

For the people not at the game ie me...post pic up here.