Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think if McKinnon doesn't get us out of this league his career will pretty much be on a downward spiral. I think he pretty much cost us our place in the championship by trying to not lose and shitebaggery tactics from every team in the league. I must admit I've not a fan of this lone striker philosophy he maintains, that said he's been well backed and hopefully has the personnel to make it work. I don't think there was any great clamour for him when we were looking for a new manager after Hartley, at least he wasn't on my list. But sadly our board's ineptitude at getting him cost us a few bob so we are pretty much stuck with him unless new owners come in and decide they don't want him. It's as big a season for him as much as all the on paper decent signings we have made. I just hope it doesn't go spectacularly wrong. 

Falkirk should and almost certainly will piss this league. To not do so would be a real failure. The one grain of hope is they’ve gone for a quality over quantity approach this season and we all know the pitfalls of that! Let’s hope big Nando can put a few of their better players out for the season on our first meeting. Exactly what Arbroath tried against Vaughan in our first meeting least season.

And Arbroath succeeded

Any team signing guys like Connor Sammon at this level should breeze this league. 
We would need a lot of things to go wrong for Falkirk and a lot of things to go right for us if we were to go up as champions. The hard work we have made of getting out this league is as much down to our own failure as anything else, and a club with Falkirks resources should make light work of getting out this league. 
We've assembled a good League 1 side, which I am personally happy with as that represents a bit of progress from last season, but I don't think it's unrealistic to say our aim will likely be finishing a strong 2nd and winning the playoffs. 

We definitely need to bring in at least another Striker

Don’t think McGlynn has managed a team who finished rock bottom of a division. 

Led both Hearts and Livingston to cup finals, albeit didn’t get to lead them in both. 

McKinnon has just jumped about to clubs that suit. Probably his best ever achievement was finishing 4th with us. 

I didnt know there was that much bad blood between, Raith fans and McKinnon, he wasnt my choice for when Hartley left, but after McCall turned us down at last minute we went for him, and after the compensation we paid for him no way the board were sacking him after he got us relegated, I think he has till November if things aren't going right this season aswell

I didnt know there was that much bad blood between, Raith fans and McKinnon, he wasnt my choice for when Hartley left, but after McCall turned us down at last minute we went for him, and after the compensation we paid for him no way the board were sacking him after he got us relegated, I think he has till November if things aren't going right this season aswell

The manner in which he left is the reason for the bad blood. Had he discussed a contract with Unt after Raith were eliminated from the playoffs, I think the fans would more highly of him.

The manner in which he left is the reason for the bad blood. Had he discussed a contract with Unt after Raith were eliminated from the playoffs, I think the fans would more highly of him.
He was discussing it before the play offs

Anyone getting involved with the Live the dream game?

Weighing it up might give it a crack - always dreamed of playing up top alongside Herve Ebanda.

Legend

I’d love to but will be far too hungover and won’t be in Kirkcaldy. After it’s a huge success I’ll be doing it next year and getting fit from February in prep!

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

McGlynn hasn't achieved much in the game for a while though. 

He reached his peak in 2011, pulling together a side and putting in a credible title challenge, since then though? 

Dunfermline unfortunately got to play McKinnons Brechin a few times and they were a nightmare. You could argue his fourth place with Raith, with the sides in that division is just as impressive as the second place McGlynn achieved. 

There's not much between what they've achieved but McKinnons achievements are more recent and make him more attractive. 

Utter shite, failing at United, staying 3weeks at Morton and relegating falkirk

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, Athlete29 said:

He was discussing it before the play offs

Imagine carrying out your business by mobile phone?

A mobile phone paid for by the club  that could see what numbers you were calling and making by looking at the bill.

What kind of thick c**t would that be?

Titles aren’t won on paper. Falkirk look to have made a few decent signings but how will they all come together?

While they ‘should’ scoosh the league, if they don’t get off to a good start, McKinnon starts feeling the pressure etc etc, few injuries...guys who have dropped down suddenly realise playing at Stranraer, Forfar.... ain’t much fun. Being the ‘big’ team puts a target on their head too.

Sammon isn’t prolific, big unit and a handful though so should do well in League One.

Gomis is getting on a bit, classy player but he isn’t going to get the time on the ball he wants at some of the places they visit. Tidser is a solid  defence minded midfielder too..

A load of Tidsers Morton teammates join him (*Greenock Morton, not Barcelona) Charlie Telfer seems a decent addition though he seemed to have stagnated a bit since looking a great prospect at Utd. Denny Johnstone had one good season at Morton, like Sammon, poor goals to game ratio for a forward.

Connolly looked class with us but didn’t set the heather on fire in the conference then barely got a game in a dire Dunfermline team, something to prove...

*Insomnia is a bad thing if it makes you think too hard about Falkirk players, let’s just hope Ray the snake has another mare of a season....

7 hours ago, RaithRyan said:

Anyone getting involved with the Live the dream game?

Weighing it up might give it a crack - always dreamed of playing up top alongside Herve Ebanda.

Legend

I played 45 minutes in the one years ago and scored a double. 

@Hank Scorpio scored an absolute screamer. Probably one of the best hits I've seen at Stark's.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone thinking about playing. It's a great day. 

I played 45 minutes in the one years ago and scored a double. 
[mention=10094]Hank Scorpio[/mention] scored an absolute screamer. Probably one of the best hits I've seen at Stark's.
I'd highly recommend it to anyone thinking about playing. It's a great day. 

Highly unusual for someone to have scored more goals at Starks Park than the actual player in their profile picture and name!

Apparently we’ve made an offer to Knox. Guy at my work knows his dad and was telling me this morning.
Don’t know how true it is though.

9 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Apparently we’ve made an offer to Knox. Guy at my work knows his dad and was telling me this morning.
Don’t know how true it is though.

Is he not meant to be going down to England? Maybe McGlynn decided that if you don't ask you don't get..... 

Is he not meant to be going down to England? Maybe McGlynn decided that if you don't ask you don't get..... 

I read that too but he then played another friendly. If he features tonight that might give us some idea if he’s still with us or not.

Just now, RRFC1989 said:

I read that too but he then played another friendly. If he features tonight that might give us some idea if he’s still with us or not.

Had it in my head that he wasn't going until the 15th - thought McG said that in one of his interviews. Can't play trialists in the cup either.