The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
8 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:
He looked like he was running in a trench.

Pretty rapid when he gets going. Doesn't look like a wide player though.

He won the dead mans fall award for the game, which is a plus I suppose.

How did allan get on 
Allan looked much better tonight. Agree with earlier post from varna - we've been playing well and the new boys all look pretty good. Surprised with the return of the trialist - did JMcG not say Allan made 21 players and that would do? What's the point of continuing on trial?

Liked what I saw from rovers tonight, never been a fan of one up top but system seemed to worked well and the combination of Hendry, Matthew's and Spencer looks good. Have to agree that so far i like the look of the recruitment and while the wild card recruitment of Nando may yet face sterner test he certainly has the attributes to succeed with a little guidance.

Great to see Bowie being so confident watched slot of him in the reserves last year and was always impressed, felt he did well in his full debut against Montrose as well at the end of last season despite missing a sitter. If he continues to progress in the current direction could well be a very good player for years to come.

We played very well in the first half, not so much in the second but pre-season is more about fitness. They should have scored a header they smashed of the bar and threatened on occasions but we would say we played the better football overall. Their first goal was from us over playing from the back which other than that occasion, we only did at the right times. We made a triple change around 60mins when we took off Hendry, Bowie and Nando and looked a lot worse without them. Not quite sure how we didn’t get another penalty with a foul on Bowie in the second half.

Bowie got you on the edge of your seat which is great to see a lad of his age.
Didn’t get to the game on Saturday but Allan impressed me and was better than I expected having read reviews with him on here. He gives is something different and will be a pest for defenders.
Victoria showed glimpses of promise but continued to try and beat a man twice.
McGurn breeds confidence in the defence and was great to see him back in a Rovers shirt.
MacDonald impressed me as did Spencer.
Nando looks like a good find but will definitely pick up a few bookings and cost us a few penalties.
Hendry though... the guy is pure class and will be worth the ticket price alone.

Plenty to get excited about especially on the first half performance. Roll on Saturday...

Just looked for info on Mathew Knox. He's allegedly a striker but has played since 2015 and not scored. Nothing. Zero. Nil. Zip. Nada. None. Not a sausage. Perhaps an unstriker would be a better description.

Heard from a livi fan as well that his attitude isn’t great either, that won’t sit well with Mcglynn.

2 hours ago, mealsonwheels said:

Anyone know when the highlightes are available? 

I’m on my holidays so one of the other guys is kindly covering in amongst his other commitments. Will likely be up later on today.

Edited by Roath Raver