Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Echo (most) others, decent workout with some good individual performances. Pinch of salt needed though that we were in our 1st pre season game against the mighty Stirling.

I was kind of hoping Anderson might be transitioned into a right wing back, think his all round game would be suited to it however yesterday we see him start as the main striker for (correct me if I’m wrong) the 1st time since that game he scored in v Hibs before the weather got it abandoned at half time? 

Hopefully the striker situation is resolved before the competitive stuff starts, otherwise I’m surprisingly optimistic 

I think it might have been Iain Williamson who scored in the abandoned Hibs friendly. Anderson was a couple of seasons later. 

Ah right! Just mind thinking it was a winger playing centre forward, cheers. Funnily enough, the weather last night wasn’t dissimilar 

35 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Ah right! Just mind thinking it was a winger playing centre forward, cheers. Funnily enough, the weather last night wasn’t dissimilar 

Aye, I wondered if it might get abandoned yesterday when the rain and thunder were at their heaviest. At least there's less concern about the pitch cutting up badly. 

And like yesterday the weather was decent before the Hibs friendly as I walked down that night. Thankfully my neebur gave me a lift home by which point the bottom of Windmill Road was like a paddling pool. 

I have to say, Joao Victoria was absolutely w**k yesterday, everyone else got pass marks. Watson looked alright, would prefer Miller there though.
Would like to see McKay have another chance alongside Mendy at centre half.
If at any point Vaughan isn’t playing upfront or on the left wing this season I am boycotting.

Being entirely serious, if that’s your attitude then don’t bother going to Stark’s Park.

A friendly match in June has you phasing players out the squad and writing players off as professionals. You really need to take a look at yourself.
I've said one player won't make it and another isn't good enough to be in our starting 11. You'd think I've written off the entire squad. Nobody is convincing me that if Watson wasn't on a two year deal he would be here this season and when Vaughan and Dingwall return there's no chance that Vitoria should be a starter for us.

As much as I said I'd like Wright back from Rangers young Munro looked good! He was far more competent than Lyness especially coming for crosses. 

6 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

If we’re talking about our....ahem attempt at football. Check the scene. My desperation to be a goalkeeper basically ended whilst playing 5’s. Years and years of amateur and Sunday league standard. I realised I was fooking awful. At 6’2 you’d never think I’d get lobbed at the 5’s. So I watch the game in envy as I was never meant to play

Aye, but I bet lobbing you with that diving header from 20 yards was a sweet moment for someone 😁

Some boy on twitter absolutely raging about Victoria already. Calling players fucking shite after one pre season game is absolutely mental. I 

17 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

How the f**k do you get lobbed at 5s?

It's a "gift"  !!  ;)

I wouldn't say Victoria looked shite but he did look about as lightweight as Wee sandy wi his wee man syndrome!

Aye, but I bet lobbing you with that diving header from 20 yards was a sweet moment for someone

Yea ask Barry the animal, he played with the Cannabis 11. A bunch of mates from the greatest pub of all Panthers. He was a meek lad. Me thinking I was a seasoned goalie. Bloody nutmegged me. Great times. The wee boy felt like he was on top of the world. Gutted keeper, happy goal scorer. To this day I get ripped by THAT goal haha.

How the f**k do you get lobbed at 5s?

Don’t ask. Jug might tell you. He’s a poster on this site.

5 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Big clean up happening today. 

Andy Mill was organising it with a squad of volunteers. 

Forgot to ask but why wasn't this done by the folk who are paid to do this? Not to mention again why don't they use the safety net during the warm up it would help to stop seats being broken and folk being  hurt.

Forgot to ask but why wasn't this done by the folk who are paid to do this? Not to mention again why don't they use the safety net during the warm up it would help to stop seats being broken and folk being  hurt.

Wait. Nobody answer him.

Frank, why do you think that cleaning the stand isn't done by "the folk who are paid to do it"?