Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, renton said:

The 10/11 home top had a fair bit, really did not like that one. 

I'm just glad we can afford to have white shorts now. Seem to recall us being stuck with Navy shorts through McGlynn's first tenure because the YTS boys were doing the washing and could't be trusted with lights and darks together:lol:

I really, really liked the 10/11 kits :lol:

I've always associated the Rovers with having some form of red. 

Did we not have a Kingsway Bingo-sponsored effort in the late 80s/early 90s that was similar to that?

Yes we did.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Oh no.

Why is the back panel a different colour to the rest?

It's very "the t-shirt your auntie buys you at Christmas when you're nine but even then you know you'll never wear it".

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

It would be a pretty good effort if the back wasn't completely different

59 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If the back was the same as the front I think it would look okay. Looks a bit like the design we had in the early 90s, the season Connor left and Nicholl took over, albeit that was a different shade of blue.

58 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

Like the front design, it looks smart. Not keen on the back though. Hey but at the end of the day it's a raith shirt so I'll still buy it. 

56 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Agreed. Would look better if the back was the same as the front. Still a good effort.

34 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Back panel ruins it for me on the new one. 

28 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Initially thought the back was the way it was so the squad number was easier to see/read but looking at it don’t see any reason why they couldn’t have made it the same all over.

I'm in agreement with you lot, it's almost as if Puma run out of the front material and thought f**k it! that'll do!

Wasn't there a funny issue like that with the tops they produced for the Scottish cup semi-final V Dundee Utd?

Really like the shorts and socks,  also quite like the front of the top too but that different back seems a bit pointless to me, all kind of ruins the whole thing a little tbh.

Our netbuster fife college sponsored effort from 1997/98 had some red in it. Even had red socks I’m sure...

FF39D316-A9CA-436A-8F1E-F82B5514A103.png

Edited by Wardy

21 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I wasn't keen on first glance but the more I see it, the more I like it. 

I'm more of a polo shirt wearer though. Did anyone see if there was new polo shirts displayed? 

There wasn't any 'leisure wear' on display.

I wonder if design actually has an effect on sales, or do folk who buy tops just buy out of habit ?
£40 for a kids top is a bit steep
I bought the away kit last summer and have worn it twice, so there's definitely an element of habit about it. I try to buy merchandise etc as much as possible to put in to the club aswell which is probably the more likely reason for most to buy strips.

Any truth in the rumour that the badge is an iron on transfer and not embroidered?

I wonder if design actually has an effect on sales, or do folk who buy tops just buy out of habit ?

I’ve always felt the away top is a chance to do something a bit different so I’m usually design led on whether I’ll buy it or not. I like the current away top but never got round to buying it. Last away top I bought was the RemembeR top. Home shirt I normally buy regardless what the general consensus is.

I don't know these people personally, and I'm coming from an entirely uneducated point of view, but the "social media" photographer from last season is lightyears ahead of the "official" club photographer. Could we club together and at least get that guy a decent camera?

4 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Any truth in the rumour that the badge is an iron on transfer and not embroidered?

It is lightly embroidered but not sewn on like last seasons top.

Did anyone take in the training, how did the new signings look were there any unknown faces there. 

Just now, raith1974 said:

Did anyone take in the training, how did the new signings look were there any unknown faces there. 

Big Marvin's car was parked outside, he must have been showing Nando how to half strikers.

47 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

It is lightly embroidered but not sewn on like last seasons top.

Still uncertain as embroidery is sewing.

I only asked as I'd heard someone who was there were of the opinion that it was an iron on badge