Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fernandy, oo-way-o
Fernandy, oo-way-o
He comes from northern France,
He fucking hates the Pars

Far be it from me to lavish praise upon someone on the basis of a highlights reel but it’s hard to envisage a situation where we don’t win the league in March now.

If foreverarover had just stopped after Rory Brian I would have agreed with him. I think it was a travesty we let him go. Played a few games and looked more than capable of doing a job and he was young so could only improve. Fee or no fee, he was the best prospect of a goalkeeper we had for a long time and think it was stupid to let him go. Barry smith did McGuff no favours by playing him in the betfred cup as he was so raw, however you’d have looked at those games and said there’s no way he can get anywhere near the first team so can’t say they were wrong in letting him go. As I said prior, county fans say Munro is a good prospect and did well when given a chance... he can’t be much worse than what we’ve been lumped with over the years.... surely?!?

Brian played once, and while he didn’t do anything wrong he didn’t really have a great deal to do either against a Forfar side playing with ten men for most of the match. I’ve no idea what the fee we’d have to pay is, but would you really want a club which lost £400k that season to be paying a fee on a young and essentially untested goalkeeper?

Barry Smith had no choice but to play Sam McGuff, Thomson got injured and McGuff, our other signed goalie, was on the bench. Not like he just plucked him out the stands and gave him a pair of gloves.

There’s been some absolute nonsense posted about our young players in the last few days. To think there was people panicking about McGlynn speaking highly of Jack Smith and Kieron Bowie the other week there too...

On 21/06/2019 at 18:24, grumswall said:
On 21/06/2019 at 18:17, da_no_1 said:
Remind me how the season finished. Oh aye you shat your pants in the play offs. Again emoji106.png

Yet, you couldn't beat us... Your trolling is getting a bit laborious on this thread. You lose as soon as a pic of Vaughan is put up. Give it a rest.

Does he? 

If we're putting up pictures of old games we'd be aswell putting one up that actually meant something. 

image.jpg1__3818.jpg.9970666c08ddc8e8c66cdc4c31b8ff99.jpg

Like that. That was great. 

On 22/06/2019 at 09:02, Raith_Hoevers said:

Is the Maby new center back black? Don’t want to sound racist but a big black unit at the back for for headers and attacking corners/set peace’s wi opposition bouncing off him will be great at this level. No matter the race sound like McGlynn is getting in some height for this season

Wow. 

24 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Fernandy, oo-way-o
Fernandy, oo-way-o

Wow. 

Fernandy, oo-way-o
Fernandy, oo-way-o
Classy as ever.

Damn you rovers getting us excited for the new season.

Pars fans right on here. Fucking hell piss off... :lol: 

Classy as ever.
Remember when the Pars support were in the papers for racist chants and abuse of black players?

Stay classy, you filthy animals.

Far be it from me to lavish praise upon someone on the basis of a highlights reel but it’s hard to envisage a situation where we don’t win the league in March now.

Until we sign some Spanish guy, it’s Falkirk’s to lose.

I tell you what for a big lad he can shift on and off the ball. Going from this game his positioning looks spot on too. 

Good to have a big unit in the back line again. 

15 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Remember when the Pars support were in the papers for racist chants and abuse of black players?

Stay classy, you filthy animals.

A while back but yes I vaguely recollect it.

How much for this guys' release clause in, say, January?

Thanks in advance..........

29 minutes ago, Paco said:

Brian played once, and while he didn’t do anything wrong he didn’t really have a great deal to do either against a Forfar side playing with ten men for most of the match. I’ve no idea what the fee we’d have to pay is, but would you really want a club which lost £400k that season to be paying a fee on a young and essentially untested goalkeeper?

Barry Smith had no choice but to play Sam McGuff, Thomson got injured and McGuff, our other signed goalie, was on the bench. Not like he just plucked him out the stands and gave him a pair of gloves.

There’s been some absolute nonsense posted about our young players in the last few days. To think there was people panicking about McGlynn speaking highly of Jack Smith and Kieron Bowie the other week there too...

And he played in the friendlies too, particularly had a great game against the pars. Yes, considering the torture goalkeeping we've seen since then, he was no worse than them. I don't understand why you are saying that is nonsense considering everyone goes on about our youth system. I cant imagine the fee would have been astronomical if there was even a fee to be paid in the first place. Also, surely there will be some sort of fee involved in loaning keepers for the past couple of seasons? Or does that not count cause it works against your argument?  There's no risk and reward from just chucking a young keeper when he showed signs of having good potential. Why would you not want to give him a chance and work with him and see if he progresses? That's ludicrous.

Rory Brian told the club he was going back to Australia at the end of that season. It was his decision. That won’t stop the same 3 or 4 folk prattling on about how we should’ve kept him, though.