The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not exactly proving me wrong...
Just like the rovers defender that went to East Fife and played pretty much every game and was stand out. What he is saying maybe other clubs have a better understanding of developing young players or develop them better. Irrespective of the club he is at.

The two last decent keepers in the witch and the cat weren't exactly tall.

True but the guy during a pre-match warm up could barely save a shot and showed nothing from what I seen to suggest he could make the step up. He may go on to prove me wrong and good luck to him but I’ve genuinely played with better keepers when playing 7 a side with my mates.

Just like the rovers defender that went to East Fife and played pretty much every game and was stand out. What he is saying maybe other clubs have a better understanding of developing young players or develop them better. Irrespective of the club he is at.

Who was the defender that went from Raith to East Fife?

For what it’s worth, Sam McGuff might go on to have a stellar career, but even in warm ups he looked absolutely dreadful.

6 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
12 minutes ago, kev23 said:

I wouldn't put it past him that that's who he was referring to.

Kyle Bell.

16 games for an average League 1 side isn't really stand out to be honest. 

Anyway looks like the go situation has been resolved for the time being, still.think the witch will be number 1 in the league at least. This boy might get cup games though.

Just the big French laddie to sign then I think it will be the loan market unless any of the trialists are staying?

On the face of it Munro seems like a decent enough signing to me. I'm sure he'll be given every chance to make himself first choice. He played against us last season and also the season before when we played Ross County's u 20s in the Challenge Cup.
Regarding McGuff, I felt sorry for the guy, as he was never up to the standard required in a million years. He got about 20-30 minutes up at Cove and cost us a goal. I watched him warm up at Palmerston and it was frightening to think he could have ended up on the pitch in a game of that magnitude.